Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh bully for you!  (Read 8232 times)

Joyce

Oh bully for you!
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »

Discussion between hubby & I this morning had me quietly spitting feathers.  Hubby suffers from mild asthma all year round, though it can be worse during pollen season. So this morning I could hear his chest wheezing. I suggested a puff of his inhaler. Well was told sharply, that he does not like any medication of any sort, so no inhaler. I retorted with "Well lucky you, I don't have a choice!" He said he had a choice. Really! Maybe I'm wrong but as I had obviously had asthmatic tendencies before diagnosis & bad bout of pneumonia, I wish I'd seen doctor sooner. I'm concerned he may end up with something more serious & annoyed at his lack of concern about health issues. I can hear you all saying "Typical man!"  ;)

Annie0710

Re: Oh bully for you!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:42:49 AM »

Believe me, if he badly needs, he'll use it, I occasionally skip mine if it's not causing probs, but when I'm struggling for breath, it's my lifeline.

Mine's bad today already, and I had hayfever symptoms, yet it's raining ?

Annie xx

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »

Hubby's hay fever is worse when it rains. He maintains it's due to pollen being washed down to ground level. Not sure if that's so or not, but may be so.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »

I suppose it makes some sense
I've often wondered why I sometimes get it on days when the sun isn't blaring and it's not that hot !
I've never really looked into it as it only makes my nose stream and asthma bad
My neighbour says she don't care what the weather is she takes nasal spray/anti histamine every night from feb onwards,

Annie xx

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »

CG - Men think, no, they know they're invincible.
It was very, very, difficult getting OH to take his medication during his heart spat last year.
He firmly viewed all drugs as poison, even when his heart beat was all over the place  ???
It's enough to make a reasonable woman scream  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »

I'm reasonable so forgive me whilst I scream ARGHHHHHHHHH   ;D

GeordieGirl

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »

Discussion between hubby & I this morning had me quietly spitting feathers.  Hubby suffers from mild asthma all year round, though it can be worse during pollen season. So this morning I could hear his chest wheezing. I suggested a puff of his inhaler. Well was told sharply, that he does not like any medication of any sort, so no inhaler. I retorted with "Well lucky you, I don't have a choice!" He said he had a choice. Really! Maybe I'm wrong but as I had obviously had asthmatic tendencies before diagnosis & bad bout of pneumonia, I wish I'd seen doctor sooner. I'm concerned he may end up with something more serious & annoyed at his lack of concern about health issues. I can hear you all saying "Typical man!"  ;)

Cubagirl we should  try swapping partners for a while. I try and  convince mine to try nutritional ways of controlling his allergies and asthma, your hubby sounds right up my street.   :)   Sometimes we do need the medication, but I've also found nutrition can make positive moves too, asthma and eczema in particular are linked to intolerances, dairy in particular. My daughter's ezcema has cleared up by cutting out dairy and more recently gluten, medication simply treated the symptoms and not the cause.

When should we do the swap, and is yours tall, dark and handsome?  :)

GG x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »

You can have mine as well GG, he might not be tall dark and handsome, more tall fair and awkward  ::)

He is dreadful with regards to medication, he resists most things. He has had some very challenging health issues and I have to say if he is given a regime he follows it to the letter.

Like most men though he is just....umm difficult  ::)

It's as if the rules that apply to the rest of us just pass them by. Have I ever been able to get him to give up anything he likes...nope. He insists he will just keep to a balanced diet....and ignore anything that does not suit him.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »

GG I have asthma. Haven't been able to tolerate lactose for past 15 years or so. Mine appears to have been aggravated by very strong antibiotics when I had pneumonia. After that I discovered I could no longer tolerate dairy produce.

Hubby average height, dark & has such a young cheeky face & 60!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

Pollen is air borne  :-\

Damp air can increase asthma/allergy-like symptoms.

As for your DH - I have told mine that if he wants me to sit sympathetically by his Death Bed then he needs to take what's on offer  ;) otherwise  :-X.  He knows that I see it as a form of abuse if he doesn't care for his health, also when he got drunk a couple of times I locked him out  :D - again, I see it as a form of abuse!

I also encourage DH to use sun-screen - however  :-X  :bang: :bang: :bang:

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 09:20:56 PM »

:D good job my son did not live with you CLKD. He went through the normal young man and too much drink on occasion phase. It's a learning curve. And buckets were involved

Hubby has been a few sheets to the wind on occasions over the years. Never really bothered me to be honest.
It wasn't a big deal.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 09:25:40 PM »

I have a vomiting phobia  :-\ which is why I didn't have kids …..

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

So do I, but hey ho these things happen. With kids and alcohol....they all do it...hopefully not more than once or twice, or well a few times for boys anyway.

Hubby was never a big drinker but on occasions when he went on works nights out he over indulged. I certainly never saw it as abuse, just him having a good time.

Each to their own though.

Even though I do have a sickness phobia, I used to do bar and hotel work many years ago. I had to deal with a good few drunks in my time and I really never thought much about it to be honest.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 09:34:54 PM »

I avoid/ed Pubs for years.  I didn't drink - I had Babycham a couple of times and 5/6 hours later was feeling nauseous …. all that gas probably.  HATED C.mas with the risk of drink and rich foods.

If feeling queasy I can't walk by a Pub. I have to rush.  If anyone coughs I'm gone, if DH is restless in the night I don't believe him if he tells me he's OK - 'cos he's been known to lie in order to calm me, but it doesn't  :-X

So knowing my phobia: and then drinking too much: is to be abuse, lack of respect, not appreciating how scared I am about all things  :sick02:

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »

I really do understand but when you have kids things just have to be dealt with. Hubby was usually the one doing the head holding but he worked away a lot so I had to do it...no choice.

When hubby is unwell I just do for him what he does for me, again no choice.

I'm sure you could manage if you had to CLKD, you wouldn't walk away if he needed you I'm sure.

Honeybun
X
Pages: [1] 2