Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chickens  (Read 4888 times)

Taz2

Re: Chickens
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:59 PM »

I've had campylobacter - not nice - traced back to a pub where the new kitchen hand had handled my salad without first washing his hands after preparing mussels - at least that's where environmental health think it originated. Pub was given a warning and revisited a month later apparently.

The advice is never to wash chickens before cooking. It used to be that we were advised to but it is seen as unnecessary and too risky with even tiny splashes of the water contaminating surfaces. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/homehygiene/Pages/washing-chicken-can-cause-campylobacter-food-poisoning.aspx

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »

When our son had salmonella we had to remember all the places we'd eaten so environmental health could source the cause. However, as we'd been to so many places in the area they said it would be unlikely they could whittle it down. However, we were pretty sure it was place in Fort William.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 10:29:32 PM »

Also many places don't keep samples of the menus served during the previous weeks  ::) ……… whereas a friend of mine in the air-line industry had to by Law in case any of the crew/passengers/staff were taken ill.

I suppose we wash our poultry insides because that's what we've always done when home slaughtering, removal of innards for gravy plus neck and wash the cavity clean; now of course the industry should wash all birds as they go through the production line. 

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »

Chooks anyone?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »

Morning!   I know, I would like to examine my bacteria, especially those critters running about in my eye lashes
Pages: 1 [2]