Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: People, I am back in the workplace  (Read 3388 times)

SallyG

People, I am back in the workplace
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:51:45 AM »

I just wanted to let people know that after being off on sick leave for 5 months, I am back at work on my phased return. So far so good. Colleagues are being helpful and boss is being considerate.
And my students seem overjoyed to see me, much to my delight and surprise. I can't be that bad after all. I do still get anxious in the wee small hours. But that may be because my husband has started working away (Belfast and Liverpool - we are in SE Wales).I never thought I would be back a few months ago. Thanks to the support on this forum and HRT and SSRI's I am SO much better physically and emotionally…
Does anyone else struggle with trying to figure out whether its a physical/mental/emotional illness. I know I should just accept it.It is what it is, but I can cope with hormone imbalance but thinking about depression triggers so much sadness and fear and regret in me like its my fault my symptoms presented as depression….

Hugs and keep everything crossed for me
Sally

Taz2

Re: People, I am back in the workplace
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »

SallyG  :foryou: :medal:

Taz x  :)

rebelyell

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »

Well done!  I have only worked part-time this last year when I have been really bad. 

I also wonder about the mind/body aspect of all this.  HRT hasn't stopped anything but my hot flushes - my anxiety is still here and taking up a valuable place at my table.  In fact it also sits with me at the computer while I work and then slouches behind me on the settee at night.  It then tells me that every little ache/pain is a symptom of something really serious.   MY OH slaps it across the face and tells it to f*** off, but I am afraid I tend to listen...

Good luck - I assume you are in teaching so as a fellow teacher I know you need good luck! 

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:19:43 AM »

Well done you!  :medal:

Chocolatechaos

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »

Well done for getting back into work. I went back to work full time at Christmas and I still have some wobbles. I feel my confidence in myself has gone, I know I can do my job it is just me. I work in theatres so can have long hours on my own which can be a problem when I have foggy brain or sensitive bladder days lol. I often feel some anxiety rising but am managing to control it and then it usually subsides. I try to be kind to myself. My colleagues are aware that some days I may need support, a helping hand or a quick break rather than taking over from me as that doesn't help. The only thing I don't do is night working alone as I am not feeling up to that as yet. I would rather more control over my symptoms first having changed hrt recently with more tweaks in the future. If I have more confidence in myself then the anxiety should go........ how do I get confident?

Keep in mind there will be bad days but don't let those days get you down. It will get easier especially when you come to accept that 'this is me' and tomorrow will be another day. Good luck!

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 09:39:14 AM »

Well done   :medal:

Be kind to yourself - don't do too much too soon, if you need help ask for it

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

:medal: Well done and yes be kind to yourself and gentle x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »

Well done SallyG - be kind to yourself  :foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »

:foryou:
 :congrats:

I know how hard it would be for me to even consider going to work it's all I can do to agree to feeding neighbours' pets  :-\.  Anything out of my daily routine is enough to set my anxiety levels soaring  >:(

As for 'causes' of depression - it is not self inflicted.  It is the brain requiring support, we forget this important organ of the body  ::) ……. acceptance is hard.  It took me ages to accept that I need to take an AD for Life in order to get out of bed in the morning  ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:06:42 PM by CLKD »

oldsheep

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »

well done and good luck Sally. As soon as you get back into the routine, hopefully it'll be just fine. I take off my hat to you!

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

Great news Sally G - long may it last!

Hurdity x  :)