Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Skin problems, hormones and anxiety.  (Read 10421 times)

honeybun

Skin problems, hormones and anxiety.
« on: April 30, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »

Has anyone else made any links.

My anxiety had been troublesome recently and I have had a major breakout of dermatitis. It's on my hands but for the very first time it has crept up my arms. I have lumps and bumps and some blisters up one arm. It's so blooming itchy. I have a very strong cortisone cream for occasional use but given the fact I have been using cortisone for forty years the skin on my hands is very thin. I don't want to use it on my arms.

Is this meno, or just me.

Anyone else.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Skin problems, hormones and anxiety.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:17:41 PM »

You've had plenty of stress in recent months ……… psoriasis + stress = breakout.  Most people have a weak spot, mine's the gut, which reacts when worries or after periods of difficulty.

There is a product on the market which is used successfully on animals and can be put onto troublesome human skin.  When I remember to look in the magazine and when I remember long enough to post, I'll let you know  ::)

Have you tried a thin layer of honey on the area?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »

When my father developed bad dermatitis on his hands, the first thing the dermatologist asked was "did he like his job and was there any unusual stress going on in his life."
It's also the end of winter and my skin is dreadfully dry - I've got several little patches of dermatitis.
I'm sure the meno makes these things worse. I assume you take Omega oils?
 :hug: :hug:  DG x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »

Yes, when I'm very stressed I am guaranteed to get itchy little red patches between my fingers and down the side of my thumbs. The only thing which helps is Emu Cream from Boots. It's really good.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:06 PM »

Fairy Liquid stripped my hands even though I wore rubber gloves ……….

pj44

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »

My skin is like sand paper so dry. I also get bitten alot by midgets at times I look a mess as I have alot of bites on my face do others find they get bitten more and any ideas what I could use to help with being bitten

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »

Avon 'skin so soft' works for us  ;)

bramble

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

Not so sure it will work on 'midgets' though. Midgies, yes. ;D ;D ;D

pj44

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 06:01:33 PM »

Lol that's using my mobile. I cannot use Avon products I'm allergic to so much these days. 

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »

Anyone found the in shower moisturisers help. My skin is just so very dry all over. Forget my hands as they are a mess. Think crocodile. I have resorted to wearing my magic white gloves in bed. They do make me and hubby laugh if nothing else.

Despite slathering my hands with all sorts of stuff they refuse to look respectable.

My legs are always dry these days but now my arms are joining in.

I hate feeling sticky with creams and don't have the time or patience to wait for things to soak in. I'm a shower dry and out kind of person.

Anyone found a light weight cream that soaks in quickly.

I have resorted to E45 on my face which is not as dry as the rest of me. It works miracles on eye wrinkles. Even my daughter noticed ....well actually my daughter was the only one who noticed...bless her.
Between dry skin and dry eyes I'm doing really well. Going to be a dried up husk soon  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »

We use Vaseline [essential moisture daily body lotion] on our hands: ……. quick drying, soaks in well and if used once an hour for a week seems to put life back into the skin.  I have used this for years.  I also find that Nivea sun-tan lotion 25 or above, is nice to use in small amounts on face, hands, arms, legs.  I 'do' my legs after my bath, laying on a towel on top of the sheets. 

What are you using in the shower?  I vary what is to hand …….. and patting the skin dry often helps rather than rubbing it as that removes the top layer of skin.

Keep hydrated too  ;)

mazzy

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »

I used E45 Honeybun when my arms became itchy.  It worked wanders for me. Still use it every day.  Had dry legs myself but E45 didn't work for that so I used Dove Moisturiser instead and that works well.

Mazzy

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »

I like Dove products but not the containers - find it difficult to get all the product out!

Try this: ?

http://www.camrosa.co.uk - it may be licensed for human skin?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »

honeybun - have you tried using aqueous cream instead of soap and shower gels? This is often recommended for skin conditions. Neutrogena do a lovely body moisturiser in a non scented version that is really good and isn't sticky.
I'd also have a word with the pharmacist as there are some new products that are specifically for dermatitis and other skin conditions and could possibly be worth trying?
Having dry itchy skin is so miserable and one really doesn't want to be using too much cortisone cream. I bet some sunshine would help - get that Vitamin D working.  DG x

BrightLight

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Hi honeybun. I have had problems with dry and irritated skin. Aveeno moisturiser world very well and is inexpensive, the Dr actually prescribed a huge bottle but you can get it in boots. Its quite a light lotion and have used it on face and body.
Pages: [1] 2 3