Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Query about the procedure for sticking an Evorel patch on my butt!  (Read 3364 times)

Greenfields

So I stuck an Evorel 50 patch on last night and had a devil of a job following the instructions ...

-perhaps I'm just dopey?!  But I opened the patch up as per the instructions and it wasn't clear to me which was the sticky side - I couldn't tell from just looking and both sides of the patch have a silver foil cover so there wasn't one side that looked like it was the back or the front of the patch.

In an effort to check that what I was doing was right, I touched the sticky side of the patch even though it said in the instructions not to do this because I couldn't figure out which side to stick down on my butt!

I managed to stick half on my butt as per the instructions and then had a job peeling off the backing of the other half - but managed it!

However while the patch stuck mostly flat on skin, one corner is a bit puckered where I touched the patch before I stuck it onto me - so it's not completely lying flat.  However it is firmly stuck on and I am hoping that this works?

Any tips on sticking Evorel patches on and figuring out which side is the sticky side when you open up the patch?

Next time I'm sticking it on my thigh as twisting myself around to stick it on my butt was tricky!! ;D

Ju Ju

Re: Query about the procedure for sticking an Evorel patch on my butt!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »

Yeh, I stick it on my thigh, even though my kids used to say I had eyes in the back of my head! It's easier if you can see what you're are doing.  :D

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »

I use Evorel conti patches, which I seem to remember are pretty similar to Evorel 50.
I find sticking them on my butt quite awkward, can't see what I'me doing.
That being the case, I do use my lower abdomenas much as I can, much easier to deal with.
Mind you, this can't be done all the time given the need to alternate patch sites.  ::)

Re -  knowing which is the sticky side, On the conti patches the shiny, non dull, side of the patches is the "sticky" side when opened towards you.  Suppose it makes sense really, the dull side is what shows on the body when they are stuck on.

It will get easier the more you use them - honest!

Salad

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »

Quite tricky isn't it!  :D

Sticky side is the side you peel foil off - once you've taken half off, put it on the skin then slowly peel other half of foil and smooth patch on to skin.

I'm using my butt so still trying to perfect the art of doing it - really need to concentrate  ;D
I'm not keen on using my abdomen - might be daft but I don't like the idea of my ovaries being so close - especially as I have a history of ovarian cysts.

Glad I'm not alone x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »

I stick my Estradot on like Salad ie peel one half of the backing bit off (on Estradot it's a sort of transparent plastic bit with a flap), stick that down and then peel off other half, in the same way. I know Evorel are a but more tricky - to avoid puckering (especially on a wobbly bot) because they are large!

I have never stuck mine anywhere else but my bum cheeks, but I always do it in a full length mirror - need to do this to avoid where I've stuck before! I couldn't do it without a mirror! This mirror is in a small spare bedroom where my husband has his computer and various bits and pieces so quite funny when I wander in, drop my drawers, bare the cheek and proceed to peel & stick!

Hurdity x

Greenfields

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »

Thanks for these responses! Very helpful. The patch is still on but a bit puckered. I'm hoping when I change it on Friday that the next one will go on easier. On the Evorel 50 patches both sides are covered with a shiny foil so it's difficult to figure out which side is the right side to stick - if that makes sense. Hopefully it will get easier as I get more familiar with it - but next time it's going on my thigh!