Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Quick question about boobs!  (Read 2624 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Quick question about boobs!
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »

Before I started the peri menopause I always got a lot of breast tenderness before my period. They also increased by a cup size too. Some months the pain was so bad that I needed to sleep in a bra.

But 16 months when my peri symptoms started I noticed that my breast tenderness disappeared. They stopped swelling too. Basically they didn't change at all during the whole month and even seemed to shrink a bit. Joy.

Was this a sign of my being low in oestrogen? Because I have been on HRT for 3 weeks and just before my bleed started at the weekend my boobs became painful and swollen for the first time in months. I'm on day 4 of my bleed and they're still tender and my bra feels too tight.

Is this a sign that I'm now getting more oestrogen in my system, thanks to the HRT?

toffeecushion

Re: Quick question about boobs!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »

I don't know about the HRT but my boobs have suddenly stopped hurting in the last couple of months too and I was thinking the same about the estrogen.  My periods have been late and very light too, really unlike me.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »

Hi toffee

It was quite nice to not have to deal with achy, swollen boobs every month. But that, coupled with my periods getting much, much lighter makes me wonder if I just wasn't producing enough oestrogen?

Seems more than a coincidence that I have my first 'period' on HRT and the achy, swollen boobs are back?

I don't mind at all though, if this means I'm getting more oestrogen and so (hopefully) my moods/anxiety should start to improve.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will be along in a minute to answer our question  :)

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »

caz24

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:43:20 PM »

Thanks for that link toffeecushion. I have had painful swollen boobs before my period as far back as I can remember, have tried everything, medication from my doctor, starflower oil and evening primrose oil. Last year I had horrendous, heavy periods which was really unusual for me and now haven't had a proper period since mid December but hooray no painful, huge boobs either. I'm not on HRT so this post and your previous one has explained a lot. x