Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Off to the Docs  (Read 19443 times)

toffeecushion

Re: Off to the Docs
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »

I'm sure if anything was wrong you would have heard by now :)

mandy43

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »

fingers crossed!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 09:14:14 PM »

The wait here is usually 10-14 days  ;) plus longer if there is a Bank HOliday involved  ::)

BrightLight

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »

It's horrible waiting, the worry has time to reappear. Hope you get the results soon and can put that concern to rest. As mentioned we had a Bank Holiday, so really it has been about 5 working days since your appointment, so maybe its just an administration delay :)

mandy43

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »

apparently they work everyday, don't have weekends, bank holidays off.  I was fine the first week, but the longer it is the more I'm thinking maybe they've had to do double checks on the sample.  I've been trying to google how quickly does the lab look at the sample before it goes off, but can't find anything.  Just trying to reassure myself by thinking, well if it has to be tested within 48 hours and there was something wrong, then surely I would have heard by now.  I phoned my surgery today and they haven't had the results through either.  I am sick of being like this :(

toffeecushion

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »

I know it's not exactly the same, but when I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago my doctor's phoned me within 24 hours telling me I had a vitamin D deficiency.   So I think if anything was wrong you would have heard by now.  Easy for us to say but try not to worry  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »

Hi Mandy,

When abnormal cells were found on my smear test, my GP rang me with the news just two days after the test.  Things generally move very quickly indeed if results of any kind are abnormal.

I know exactly how you're feeling. Heart in mouth every time phone rings or post comes through letterbox.

Sending you hugs xxx

dazned

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »

No news really is good news ! Xx

mandy43

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »

have to say I've never met any of you, but if I could choose my friends, you would all be top of the list... you're all the best!! xx P.S post been and still no news.

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

Since when have NHS Staff worked every day - Labs. are usually 9-5.00 as are X-ray depts., which is why there are such long waiting lists!  Perhaps in City locations the Labs. etc. are 24/7 but that is quite rare.  In which case, you're results should have been turned round with 48 hours  ;).  There will be cover for any work that is required from in-patients but for other samples  :-\

If you are really worried, give the Dept. concerned a ring to find out if there is a back-log?

dazned

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »

They are working 7 days a week now. Scans ,xray etc.  new government rules and not just in cities either not sure what the date is for every hospitals to comply by. Ours is and where my nephew in Wales works is too. Likewise out gp open Saturday and Bank Holiday.

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »

There shouldn't' be a waiting list for results then!  I know that Vets were using MRI scanners etc. over-night because the Depts closed at 5.00 p.m.  ::) and I was aware that our main Surgery now opens Sat. mornings, not that we have had a letter telling us …….. it's been found out on the grapevine.

mandy43

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2015, 12:42:41 PM »

nothing in the post again today, so  got my adult daughter to phone and pretend to be me (I know I'm a coward).  They put her through to his med secretary and she said she can't give the results but would check and said they are not in my file.  She said to phone the nurses dept and they could give the results, but the phone got cut off.  Then she phoned back and another secretary said she would get the doc to ring as he will be able to see the results... oh I don't get it, I'm panicking now thinking they can see them but there is something wrong and he will have to explain it to me.  honestly, I am now waiting for that bloody phone to ring and I feel sick and can't get off the toilet for more than 5 mins.

toffeecushion

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »

Oh you poor thing, I sure it is nothing to worry about.  Hope the doctor calls you soon :)

mandy43

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »

thanks Toffee, if there is any news I will let you all know xx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6