Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hungry all the time during the Conti weeks of Evorel Sequi  (Read 3093 times)

emuchops

Hungry all the time during the Conti weeks of Evorel Sequi
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »

Hello, I started Evorel Sequi just over 3 weeks ago. All was well for the first 2 weeks, but since changing to the Conti patch my appetite has really increased. I also feel anxious and tearful. Is this to be expected? Have others experienced this? Will it 'settle down'?
I'm aware that the patches are a 'one size fits all' type medication and I'm a very small person (small frame/7 stone), so I'm wondering if the dose is a little too much for me?
Hot flushes have calmed down, but other than that I haven't really noticed much of an improvement yet-early days though.
Any thoughts/experiences very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Dawn (47-perimenopausal).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:18:40 PM by emuchops »

Taz2

Re: Hungry all the time during the Conti weeks of Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 01:27:25 PM »

Hi Dawn.

It can take up to three months to get used to a type of HRT. The progesterone in Evorel is Norethisterone which can give rise to PMT symptoms plus low mood etc. in some women. I would keep a diary of how you are feeling for the next couple of months so that, should you want to swap to another type of HRT, you have something to show your GP. Increase in appetite while on progesterone is also well known.  The other patch you could try is FemSeven which has a different progesterone in it which suits some women better.

Hot flushes are usually the first thing to get better and other symptoms improve over the next few weeks/months.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

emuchops

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »

Lovely, thanks for your reply Taz.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »

I was always extra hungry at certain times of the month but of course, cant' remember when exactly  ::)