Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Could this be hormones?  (Read 2106 times)

Sarai

Could this be hormones?
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »

I admit I written about my tinnitus before but I had got used to a certain pitch and volume etc after 3 years, but just this ast week or so it has changed drastically, pitch, volume intensity. It has been blasting me starting in an afternoon. Now I've had the sort of ovulation discharge, used to get pain with that, not now though, but no period since February. In fact each day nearly of this crazy noise has come the slight discharge, now I have tingling feet, hands and lips, and my skin is suddenly so dry and flaking despite loads of cream. I'm having flushes too. To be honest it's the tinnitus that's killing me, I just need to feel it might be hormonal and will settle again.
I'm going to try hypnotherapy tomorrow as I need help with the crazy noise.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:20:04 PM by Sarai »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Could this be hormones?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »

Wearing headphones can ease tinnitus, it gives the brain something else to focus on.  There is a tinnitus society in the UK, have you been in touch with them?

When I become aware of my ears ringing or feeling blocked I do wonder how long they have been like that before I notice it but once I'm tuned in  >:( ……..  I think it can be hormonally linked.

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »

CLKD I have done all therapy available. This is different accompanied with the tingling, no noise will mask it. It's not my normal tinnitus.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:56:42 PM »

Have you been on the Tinnitus web-site?

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »

My tinnitus started after a slight ear infection. Can you trace it back to an ear problem. Mine is there all the time. When I am occupied it does not bother me too much but when the house is quiet it sounds so much louder.
I have a wave app that I listen too when I'm trying to get to sleep and that takes my mind off my ear.
I'm afraid it's a case of distraction as I don't think there is much that can be done. The brain eventually does become accustomed to the noise and it becomes less noticeable.

I do know I'm now a bit deaf in my left ear due to infections and tinnitus.

Hope you find something that might help you.

Honeybun
X