Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any ladies from Nottingham area?  (Read 8255 times)

feduphormones

Any ladies from Nottingham area?
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »

Desperately need to make some friends. Dh is a soldier and with all the moving about I just don't have enough friends near to me. Love my children and hubby to bits but sometimes you need a friend to go out for a walk, movies or just talk nonsense for hours. If you are in premature menopause that would also be something we can go through together. Any takers please  :)

Joyce

Re: Any ladies from Nottingham area?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »

Sorry can't help as in North East Scotland. Visit Nottingham to see family only. How about a local class or such. Hobby or gym, you will meet people that way. Depending on your children's age, you'll meet other mums at school/clubs.

feduphormones

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »

Thank you. Just trying to think what I'd be interested in doing. My youngest is 8 now. So I've never really thought what I can do. Thinking of popping into the local library to see if I can get any info on clubs in area.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:00:50 PM »

Good place to start. I always found that I made friends with parents of my children. Conversations at the school gate etc. Mind you not easy if you are shy at all. My kids are adults now, but even I can remember how hard it was making new friends when you're the new kid in town. Sure you'll find something.

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »

Sorry am a bit too far away in Durham. How about a scrapbook/ arts and crafts club? We have lots near us and all ages go. Or why not volunteer somewhere, charity shop or PTA?
I wonder if your local GP surgery would be interested in starting a meeting group for peri/menopausal women. You could ask.
Hope you find what you are looking for, this is definitely a time we need to share experiences.
JG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »

Great idea!  Let us know how you get on!

Most local Councils have a volunteering bureaux or how about offering to read to the School children?  Charity shops have been mentioned, a good way of choosing how much time you give as well as being able to meet new people.

Ramblers or local Council may have regular walking-for-health groups, some Ramblers have women-only groups too. 

feduphormones

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »

Thank you ladies. Mission find a friend has started xx

sidse

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 10:48:02 AM »

Hello feduphormones,
I live in Nottingham and like you, I moved here when my children were young - my son is 17 now so obviously, been here a while! I am more than happy to give you the low down although I feel like I am not brilliant company at the moment because of all this hormone hell but I suppose that's why we are all on here. Just let me know how I can help. I live on the East of the city - where are you?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »

I suggest that sending personal e-mails would be wise  :-\

feduphormones

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »

Sidse I've sent you a pm. Look forward to hearing from you  :)

sidse

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »

Hi,
I have received your PM but I am still working out how to reply - system keeps giving me error messages and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.Help!!

feduphormones

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »

Ok. Well how about trying to send me a pm. If you click on my username to the left of this screen then you'll get options and from there you can pm me. Hope that helps xx

sidse

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

Hello, is this getting to you or to everyone? I am actually quite computer literate.... honest.

feduphormones

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »

I've not yet received a pm from you. Not sure what's going on. I'll try pm you again x

sidse

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »

Will have to leave it now until tomorrow as I am off out.
Pages: [1] 2