Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Eye Tests  (Read 8871 times)

annieb

Re: Eye Tests
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »

I'm with CKLD on the contacts - just the thought of them makes me queasy. I have varifocals (tried having 2 pairs a while ago but such a pain and then almost pitched down the stairs as had forgotten to swop them over when I went up and  was wearing the readers not the "seeing" ones. Focus was all wrong)
If my prescription changes it takes me a little while to get used to them but other than that its great.
Don't mind the eye test except the puffer!!

Galadriel

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »

I went for a routine eye test on Saturday and was dreading it for the first time ever. The 'What if...' gremlin was on my shoulder  >:(

I was also dreading the 'Your prescription has changed ...' as this would mean loads of money on a new pair of varifocals.

I needn't have worried as all the tests showed I have healthy eyes and the words 'your prescription has changed...' were followed up with 'you don't need varifocals any more, just a pair of reading glasses for the computer, reading, and close work'.

I could have kissed her!!!

When I was breaking the varifocals in, I felt a bit motion-sick and remember falling off a pavement when  the edge wasn't quite where I expected it to be... I must have looked drunk  ;D That said - once I got used to them, they were great.

I'm picking up two pairs of reading specs this Saturday - really bright, jazzy ones. Might as well look groovy while I'm knitting!

Galadriel x

Galadriel

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »

Thrilled to have the money still in my account - I have found a couple of ways to spend the savings  ;)

dazned

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »

I need mine re tested and probably will need new varifocals but going to wait until we go Paphos at end of October as the opticians there are so much cheaper and don't charge for the eye tests. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]