Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Summer clothes  (Read 21028 times)

thorntrees

Re: Summer clothes
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

I like cotton traders for trousers they seem to fit ok, we also have M and Co locally and they have really nice tops and cardigans in a good range of colours. Not keen on on-line shopping for clothes except MS for underwear when I have a code I can put in. Have been through my wardrobe as we got a charity bag through the door so managed to find things for that!! Would like a couple of summery skirts, long if possible and full but not seen any yet- don't do pencil skirts any more!. Your top sounds nice cubagirl, jade seems to be in this year and burnt orange from the shops I've been in.

Thorntrees

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »

Oh forget M&Co - 2 stores within an hour's driving for us  ;)

This morning it's gardening jeans on top of socks, old slippers, a couple of thermal tops 1 of which I now need to shed and a hand knitted tank top which is probably over 20 years old.

I hate anything tight around my belly.  So no skirts or tights for me !

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »

I like M & Co. They have some really nice stuff. Trousers are an issue there for me as they never fit properly.
As for arms... :o covered up a bit when I'm away from the house this year I think.

Really must go and have a look around and see what's on offer. Primark is okay for a few bits and bobs.

Honeybun
X

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »

I am careful with my upper arms as, as well as my mum's batwings which could knock someone out if I clapped my hands too loudly, I also have a tattoo on one upper arm.

I am not ashamed of it but it isn't always fitting to have it on display.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »

:o …… picture BabyJane?  ;)

I stopped a guy recently to talk to him about his body 'art work' - it was on show so I asked  ::)

Dulciana

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »

Light-weight knee-length skirts for me, short sleeved tops, non-wool cardi's, and sandals with a bit of a heel - as long as the foot that I sprained two weeks ago can take them, otherwise it's ballet-pump flatties.

bramble

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »

I spend my life in jeans and tunic tops. So for this summer I have bought a pair of wide floral trousers and a pair of wide multi pattern trousers. I shall team them with self coloured t-shirts. Just for a change. That's if we get the weather to wear short sleeved tshirts!
Bramble

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 04:56:47 PM »

Would be nice if we at least got the heat up here. Miss the weather we had in England last week.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »

I live and die in jeans, must have 2 dozen pairs.

Day time outfit is usually straight leg jeans, plain/stripy tunic top with elbow length sleeves, ballet flats or Converse pumps. I am very dull.

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »

I just can't wear wide trousers. I'm just too short. When I was really slim it was not such an issue but despite being around the same weight everything seems to have ended up around my now non existent waist. It has to be lightly tailored or I just look like a blob.

I'm going through a stage where I look in a mirror and just don't like what I see......gets you down a bit don't you think ?

I don't like my hairstyle, not happy with my skin on my face or anywhere else come to that. Just feel as if I'm stuck in a rut and need a good make over to feel better.

Not sure why I bother to be honest because I'm sure I could go around in a sack and hubby would never even notice. A compliment occasionally would be nice  ::).....hmmm some hope. When you have to ask if you look nice you really wonder why you bother.

Sorry for the moan

Honeybun
X

kerrieann

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »

i know that feeling  i dont ever seem to look right,  iam too big around the middle, i got 2 pairs of lovely cotton wide trousers last summer but once shortened i felt enormous, never seem to know what to wear anymore, i have big boobs as well so i feel frumpy now my middle has disappeared  :'(

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »

At the moment my hair, my skin & my nails need some TLC. Can't keep hair in style for much more than 2 weeks these days. Just seems to end up like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Nails are peeling again & skin is blotchy.

I can't wear many of the cropped trousers as they flap around & make my already short legs look shorter.  Shorts make my knees look fat. As for big boobs, well I can sympathise kerrieann. If I could afford to purchase more stuff from pepperberry, it would be fine, but even they can make me look frumpy occasionally.

Never really had much of a waist even when skinny. Don't I sound beautiful?  ;D

kerrieann

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

cubagirl,  you have big boobs too ?  i have tried minimiser bras but still not happy, just dont know what to do with them at times   ;D have you had much success with bras ?

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »

At least I'm not alone in feeling a right mess. The feeling of being even just a little bit attractive has gone to be honest. I told my daughter the other night that I feel invisible....so why bother. She gave me a hard time for that comment.
I wish I could just find a style that suited and flattered...oh and that I could afford. ;D

Still got to make the best of what we have got.....kaftan and a hat anyone  ::)

Honeybun
X

kerrieann

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »

i just dont feel right in anything really, i can wear cropped trousers that are narrow because the bottom of my legs are quite slim, but the cropped wide ones make my legs look like 2 bits of string hanging out the bottom, dont get me started on my skin its so blotchy  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7