Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Some advice please?  (Read 1871 times)

wanttobehappyagain

Some advice please?
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »

Hi

I've just come back from the doctors. I had blood tests, and they have confirmed that my hormone levels show that I am "going through the change".

I thought hurray, that means that I will be able to get some help.  No, just got a flat "HRT is too risky due to increased risk of breast cancer".

When I pushed, I was asked what my symptoms were, and as I said "heavy bleeding", the doctor looked very perplexed saying that with my hormone levels I should no longer be having periods  :o

So no option of HRT and I need to keep track of my periods and go back in 3 months to advise.

I was also told my folic levels were low. Anyone else have this?

When I come back in the next life, I wanna be a man  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Some advice please?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:15 PM »

:bang:  change your GP!

You are able to send a personal message oh tea is ready!

Back now - you are able to send a query to Dr Currie for which there is a fee.

This GP is living in the 'dark ages' a bit.  It really does depend on your medical history, but even so, quality of life is important! - and if any close relatives have suffered breast disease. 

Heavy bleeding can be treated too!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:21:24 PM by CLKD »

wanttobehappyagain

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:49 PM »

I think changing GP is a very good idea.  She didn't even bother to ask about family history, just an immediate no  :'(

I actually have some tablets now for the heavy bleeding, which I got a few weeks ago from the GP, which is why I was surprised that she didn't know about it.  I know they only have 5 minutes per appointment, but I think I was out within 2 minutes. Will have to bring my feisty sister with me next time  ;D

Hope you enjoyed your tea  :)

BrightLight

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »

Agree, change your GP. As far as I'm aware hormone levels go up and down, so maybe your tests were taken on a low day? Did the GP give an explanation as to why your periods might be heavy? Sorry you got a less than helpful response from them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »

:thankyou:  tea was lovely!

You are entitled to a 10 min. GP appt.!!! do you have a Practice Nurse you could chat with about the various types of HRT, your family history and also have a read of the menus, top of screen.