Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Giving in and seeing my GP tomorrow.  (Read 3532 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Giving in and seeing my GP tomorrow.
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »

It's only 5 weeks until my next appointment with my consultant, but I don't think I can wait that long. I really don't.

This month my period was over a week late (unheard of) and was very, very light. Since it arrived I have been crippled with very low mood mixed with anxiety bouts. It's now Day 12, and the symptoms are relentless and just not fading away - apart from one day last week where I felt absolutely fine all day (no idea why?), and a few hours yesterday afternoon where I felt fine too.

I feel so flat and so low. I don't think I could muster a smile if you paid me. I have had diarrhoea every day for 12 days. And I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a week. It takes me hours and hours to nod off, then I'm still wide awake at 6am with the bloody cortisol bubbling away.

I am going to ask my GP tomorrow if he would agree to start me on HRT right away, and then when I see my consultant in 5 weeks I'll have a real feel for how the HRT is working. I really hope he takes pity on me.

Please everyone keep their fingers crossed for me. If he won't agree I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 5 weeks feeling this low  :(

Taz2

Re: Giving in and seeing my GP tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »

Good luck with your GP appointment! No wonder you are so low if you have had diarrhoea for twelve days. I don't think this is a typical menopausal symptom to be honest so you could have picked up an intestinal infection. Maybe you could have blood tests to check for infection? 

Here's to you getting your HRT!!

Taz x  :hug:

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »

Hello GypsyRoseLee.

I hope you get the HRT you so clearly need and although you may have a stomach bug I find that my bowels always did react to changing hormone levels... and not in a good way!

Sending hugs and let us know how you get on.

Take care.

K.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »

Thank you Taz  :)

I don't know if the diarrhoea is just caused by the anxiety? It's annoying rather than debilitating. I'd happily sit on the loo all day if my mood would only perk up.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »

Thank you Kathleen  :)

I always used to get diarrhoea just before my period started, back before I was peri menopausal. So I suppose it makes sense that hormones are causing it now?

I'll post with an update tomorrow. If my GP agrees and the HRT actually works I will be the happiest bunny around, and will send you all virtual  :thankyou:

SueRoe

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:29:08 PM »

So glad you're going to see your GP rather than waiting another 5 weeks to see your consultant. And you're not "giving in" as you say, you're doing something positive to try and improve your quality of life which is admirable. Good for you! Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 07:36:56 PM »

Yes it may be. Depends on whether it's all day or not I think. It can still make you feel pretty awful though. Have you got pain with it or is it just the "morning rush" as it's known in IBS circles!

Taz x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:43:20 PM »

Thank you Freda.

I have no quality of life at the moment. I am just forcing myself through the motions. I'm doing it as much for my husband and children, and hopefully it will improve their quality of life too. I try so hard to put a brave face on things, but I know I'm withdrawn and quiet  :(

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:44:44 PM »

Taz it's not all day, just in the morning and very occasionally once again during the day. No pain or anything. Just annoying.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 08:10:13 PM »

Aw thank you Sparkle  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:37:15 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - even when a period wasn't due I would have 'the runs' 10 mins. before the bleed began! so had to plan my visits/journeys/work load around my calendar!

Take a list of symptoms with you  ;) - let us know how you get on!

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - even when a period wasn't due I would have 'the runs' 10 mins. before the bleed began! so had to plan my visits/journeys/work load around my calendar!

Take a list of symptoms with you  ;) - let us know how you get on!

Diarrhoea is one symptom which I have never connected with periods/menopause. Hope you get a satisfactory result.  :)