Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Doctors appointment update!  (Read 1806 times)

robotwars

Doctors appointment update!
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »

I have been having many symptoms, for example waking in the night, moods up and down, vaginal dryness and itching, heavy feeling in stomach like your going to come on but nothing happens, muscular aches, having to spend a penny often, periods erratic, when on very heavy etc....... I have been waiting since Christmas for a blood test and the results. Today after a lot of waiting I got to see my GP, apparently my blood test showed I have a border line cholesterol level, and am slightly anaemic, I have no infection and he said I should start on cycloprognova.... I'm very cautious about trying them as my last attempt at HRT was awful as I re-acted so badly, I was on prempak C! He says that HRT would help with most of my symptoms and to start it on the first day of my period, I'm not actually sure when that's going to be... not sure what to do now, we are going on holiday first week of April, just hoping I don't come on for that, knowing my luck I will! So worried about taking them......

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doctors appointment update!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:56:15 PM »

If you don't try you won't find out how the medication works/not. I know how worried I was each time my GP offered different anti-depressant medication  :'( but it was keep trying or die.  Eventually we found one that helps a lot but I do wish I hadn't needed to try the others.

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:06 PM »

Well I intend to start taking this when I come on and see what happens, just a quick question doctor said to take it on the first day of period, but when looking on the internet it says to start on day 5, which is correct?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

Your GP!  stop looking on Dr Google  ;)