Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hot Flushes  (Read 2633 times)

Carolyn

Hot Flushes
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Could I please ask if any of you experience this - why is it I only have hot flushes in the evening? when I am sitting quietly & watching television - its very odd

I have kept an eye on it over the last week and sure enough once I sit down for the evening woosh someone is turning the heat up in my body.

Any suggestions - besides getting someone to throw a bucket of water over me!!

Hugs x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot Flushes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »

>hands over bucket<  ;) - there's no rhyme nor reason to them.  Mine used to happen after my bath each evening and 10 mins after I had swallowed my medication [ADs and Betablocka] so didn't know what was influencing what!

How un-pleasant do you find the sensations?

Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »

Hi CLKD

It's just so odd isn't it - I do find it un pleasant as I get and feel so hot and uncomfortable - the only good thing, if there is one, it doesn't last for long.

Hugs

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:21 PM »

Sometimes I suddenly get hot and have to fling off clothing ……. fortunately we rarely have visitors in the evenings  ::) - I don't 'suffer' hot flushes in the true sense thankfully!

Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 08:54:14 PM »

Knowing my luck every man and his wife would turn up at my front door & there I would be sitting looking like I've been on a sunbed for an hour with very little clothing  - Happy Days.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

I answered the door to the local canvassing MP one evening: the rain was POURING down, I had leapt out of the bath because I thought DH had forgotten his key  ;D  :o …….. fortunately I had pulled on my gown!