Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: no hot flushes??  (Read 4617 times)

libra62

no hot flushes??
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:52 PM »

Hi

I'm not sure what's going on with the hot flushes?? I was having them a lot when in peri but since not having a period for 8 months I haven't hardly had any? I'm not complaning mind lol but really confused whats going on as I hear about most of you guys on here are suffering badly .
I suffer all the other horrid symptoms though.I'm begining  my hrt tomorrow hopefully.as it's  on order at pharmacy .
Everol conti as doc thought I'd be better with this one as I m 53 this year .Has anyone else not had hot flushes as a main symptom? I would be interested to know.

Tricia
X

honeybun

Re: no hot flushes??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »

The first time my period went AWAL I had no symptoms at all....I thought if this is meno bring it on....I then had a return of the periods from hell for months on end. Periods stopped again....six months in and the flushes and sweats started.

Make the most of it while you can

Honeybun
X

dazned

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »

I have never had a hot flush  shhhhhhhh  ;)

However everything else more than makes up for it ! Panic attacks,palpitations,nausea,chest pains,crying,depths of despair, etc. All the things gps don't associate with meno unless you have flushes !  :-\

The joys of it all mysterious !

libra62

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »

Oh dear lol I thought I escaped the dreaded flushes.
I too just had the period from hell for 2 weeks its only just tapering off now , never had it this long before. that was after the 8 months of not having one thought great that's it no more periods then whamm hit me like a ton of bricks it was so heavy I felt like it wasnt gonna stop that's when I decided i need hrt as I felt so bad crying a lot ,anxiety headache everyday for days.
X

rosebud57

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:21 AM »

Mine too stopped after my last period.  Then after a while I sometimes had a sort of overheating, but not true flushes as before, and not very often.

The night sweat also stopped, but again I still sometimes wake in the night very hot, but not sweating.

To be honest, I think this meno business permanently damages the bodies thermostat!!!

Strange this lark isn't it :burn:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:17:19 AM by rosebud57 »

libra62

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »

Hi sparkle & Rosebud

Are you taking hrt? For your symptoms if so which one and  is it working for you guys? Doc has given me everol conti  patches ,but I haven't started it yet .still waiting for pharmacy to get it in stock this week. Must say I am nervous of taking it for the 1st time I'm a whimp with any new meds as scared of any side affects.
Tricia x

rosebud57

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »

Have never taken HRT libra.  Have done it all 'cold turkey'.

pj44

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »

I have so far not had a hot flush like what I have read other ladies suffer from I just go boiling hot. I have not had a period for 17 months. I still suffer horrible period pain and the boiling hot I just have no control over my temperature I'm either freezing cold or boiling hot. I have the morning crying,not all the time but more than I would like. Also itching that just drives me mad.

pj44

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »

Sparkle. I have not had hrt either.feel like you the drenching hot flushes sound awful. Have you stopped having periods

libra62

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »

Hi PJ & Sparkle

May I ask why you are not taking hrt for your sweats? It may be of great help to you.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »

Hi pj44

If you are getting bad period pain but are post-menopausal ie no period for 17 months, then I would have this checked out by the doctor as you would not expect to have pain like this normally in post-menopause.

Hurdity x

pj44

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

I don't have period pain all the time. I think I have mentioned it at doctors but they don't say anything needs to be done.
Libra I don't have hot flushes. I just get hot. I have family hhistory of overium cancer so I have not been offered hrt. Think I have got this far will be 54 this year without it. Why start now are my feelings in hrt

libra62

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »

PJ let's hope your symptoms don't get worse, there's a long way to go yet. I'm 53 and feel its getting worse each year this is why I made the choice to give it a try even though there is breast cancer in the family I'm willing to risk it ,after all as a lot of ladies on here say its about the quality not the quantity.
X

pj44

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »

I very hopeful that I am over the worse. My name is pj44 as I have been on the site since I was 44. I am so much better with all my menopause symptoms.

libra62

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

PJ44
I agree with hurdity ,regarding the period pains you are having if you ate post meno then this shouldn't happen. Did your doc send you for test ,to investigate ,scan etc? As some doctors just dismiss it but best to be safe you can ask for tests.
Pages: [1] 2