Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tingling  (Read 15217 times)

oldsheep

Re: Tingling
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »

also get tingling, mostly legs, with other 'lovely' symptoms that are brain generated. Sometimes I also feel as though a mobile phone is vibrating in my left chest pocket (no pocket, no phone).
Used to get a feeling as if ants were walking over my feet. Someone told me that could be my fibromyalgia.

Melbury

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:59 PM »

Count me in with this too.  Had tingles almost everywhere!  Feet are worst, but legs and arms too.  Had it on tip of nose and tongue (which I think is perhaps burning mouth syndrome). Also been checked by Neuro so nothing sinister.  Definitely menopause symptom though, but a worrying one. X

Me too for the past eighteen months. 

Eventually saw a neurologist who just brushed it off saying invariably they never find out exactly what causes it, not very comforting.

I have it in arms, legs, hands, feet and even up into my face - quite scary :(

Definitely worse when I go to bed - I always say to OH that my feet are fizzing - and I also get cramps in my calves and feet, which never used to happen before the tingling.

Have tried B12 and magnesium supplements, but no luck so far.

Wanderer

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

Bit worrying that this is one of the BIG symptoms during menopause, and yet neurologists say that it "might" be hormones! I know that they have to investigate everything just in case, but it staggers me the amount of NHS time, and patient worrying time, that goes on because the medical profession do not, and will not, listen to women's complaints at this time, drives me bonkers!

BTW, I have had these weird tingles for nearly 4 years, along with an "insect wriggling" sensation in my legs, particularly when still, only when I went to the Surrey Hormone Clinic, did the Consultant actually ASK if I had these symptoms, I didn't have to tell her! Phew, need more like her!

WANDERER. XX

SallyG

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »

Yep. This was my first symptom of menopause except for low mood. Its awful I really don't like it. When I have it, it triggers anxiety. I have it today and am trying to ignore it and do some meditation.
Hugs

Sallyx

SallyG

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 06:21:45 AM »

Its such a relief to know it isn't just me having these symptoms.I thought it was just me.
Sx

Peterspots

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »

Tingling in face is really worrying me. Get muscles twitches else where.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »

Not much will be totally individual  ::) but finding others with similar sensations can take time.  My lower lips and cheek are tingling, when it initially began years ago I thought I had eaten something which was giving a reaction.  Now I'm so used to it I hardly notice ………

mandypepe

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »

I posted on the other thread about skin tickling. Reading this one reminded me of a sensation I forgot to mention on there which is aching down left arm and pins and needles in fingers on left hand and going numb. Plus a very very annoying vibrating in pelvic area at my period the last 2 periods. And yesterday and today right eye twitch. That has not happened to me before.

Galadriel

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 07:15:46 AM »

Hi ER,

I had the facial tingling a couple of years ago. I thought I was having a stroke! It turns out I had started to clench my jaw during sleep and sometimes during the day. The facial nerves passing through the the big jaw muscle have branches all over the place, hence the tingling.

My dentist made me a gum shield to wear in bed at night and I saw a chiropractor for neck and facial muscle massage. This joint effort really helped.

I still get it now and again and it seems to be a good measure of how stressed/anxious I'm feeling.

I never experienced anything like this before I started with peri. Domned hormones!!

Galadriel x
Pages: 1 [2]