Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tingling  (Read 15220 times)

Poppyflower

Tingling
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has tingling. The tingling I have is usually in arms, sometimes face and neck. I have been checked by a neurologist who is actually the one that said it may be hormones, after all the investigations came back normal. Almost feels like when your arm is about to fall asleep, but does not just tingles. Sometimes after I also get a hot flash/flush where it almost feels as though I have a sunburn on my face. Was very anxious when this first started, but now keep convincing myself it is hormones so it is ok, however this is difficult at times. Is this caused by too little estrogen, or fluctuations or both?

donnacrichton

Re: Tingling
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »

This was my first symptoms and I found them very distressing. I also get them in my scalp. Nobody seemed to know what I was trying to describe
 For me it is worse when hormones are fluctuating. Hope you find something that helps x

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:05:08 PM »

Like a sort of pins and needles feeling? I get that in my arms so annoying. I'm saying hormones too! X

Poppyflower

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:23:30 PM »

Thank you for the replies, I have started a birth control patch 2.5 weeks ago and I hope that it does help, so inpatient to see if it is going to work. I have had problems with the progesterone and depression when using other BCP, so kind of anxious and hoping that feeling never comes back. So strange when you have never had any pmt before and now BAM! So surprising and wish that women talked more openly about this so not such a big surprise!

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 06:00:07 AM »

Hi Poppyflower,

Me too! I get this in my left arm, down to my pinky. It seems to coincide with the week before a period is due for me anyway. Scared myself to bits but. Had it checked out like you and everything is fine.

These fluctuating hormones have a lot to answer for  :o

Galadriel x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:06:20 AM »

Yup me too....have the tingles up my legs a lot xxx

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »

Count me in with this too.  Had tingles almost everywhere!  Feet are worst, but legs and arms too.  Had it on tip of nose and tongue (which I think is perhaps burning mouth syndrome). Also been checked by Neuro so nothing sinister.  Definitely menopause symptom though, but a worrying one. X

libby1

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »

Me too, and it still worries me even though saw a Neurologist 4 years ago  :(

Must be a meno symptom because it does come and go, much worse when I'm stressed though  :-\

Libby
x

Briony

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »

Me too. Was initially told it was possible MS but eventually found to be due to hormonal fluctuations. Was told water retention can make it worse as the excess water can place pressure on the nerves in restricted areas such as under your arm (which would cause referred pain and tingling in the arm, neck etc).

honorsmum

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »

I get tingling and pins and needles too - mostly at night, but initially it was my right arm going numb and tingling in the day.

Briony

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »

Anyone get a kind of swooshing feeling over your back/shoulder? It's like loads of ants running over me. Not painful - just strange! x

donnacrichton

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »

Yeah shoulders and back of neck x

Poppyflower

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »

Yes, I also get this as well. Very strange sensation, always makes me feel as though something is wrong with me. I have been a nurse for many years, and have seen all kinds of things, never would I have guessed that perimenopause would be throwing me for such a loop. The feeling comes and goes, sometimes lasts couple minutes, sometimes half hour.

dogdoc

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

I also get the 'head swoosh' and the ants over skin feeling ( called formication).

Briony...I was wondering if you could somehow IM me...i'm trying to get some info on normal FSH with low estrogen..noticed you had same, and wanted to know if you ever got any answers ( sorry to hijack post...couldn't find out to email directly :(

Tara

dogdoc

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 02:36:57 PM »

To add to 'weird near' I also get facial tingling and tingling of my lips. Had this in hands and feet too. Have also experienced muscle twitches in the face ( like an eye twitch but with nose, cheek etc). Not fun
tara
Pages: [1] 2