Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Does hrt delay menopause?  (Read 18947 times)

honorsmum

Re: Does hrt delay menopause?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:22 PM »

Hi Honorsmum

if your mum is anything like mine was then she would not admit even if there was an issue so I don't see where your going on that topic.

You're beginning to sound dogmatic and blinkered now,  peegeetip - how about accepting that not ALL women will suffer as you have, and not ALL women who don't talk about the menopause are suffering in silence?

I have spoken to my mum recently about her menopause experience. Believe me, she is very open and happy to talk about any ailments she has suffered from - I know she was offered a hysterectomy when I was young because of fibroids, I know she had bouts of what she called colitis when I was growing up, I know she hated mammograms etc. She'd be only too happy to tell me of her menopause woes...if she had had any.

peegeetip

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

I'll refrain from any personal comments ???

All I'm saying is that I can't see me having a wider conversation with my mum on whether she had problems around and after the menopause having sex or what her body's real condition and changes were like 30 years previous etc. Or getting truthful answers.

This is similar to asking an older woman who's had children what its like.
Your unlikely to get a truthful story 20-30 years later!

Great that you think your mum's been so unaffected by meno but I too thought the same way as you till just recently.

:-*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:24:33 PM by peegeetip »

honorsmum

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »

I'll refrain from any personal comments ???

All I'm saying is that I can't see me having a wider conversation with my mum on whether she had problems around and after the menopause having sex or what her body's real condition and changes were like 30 years previous etc. Or getting truthful answers.

This is similar to asking an older woman who's had children what its like.
Your unlikely to get a truthful story 20-30 years later!

Great that you think your mum's been so unaffected by meno but I too thought the same way as you till just recently.

:-*

So my mother isn't giving truthful answers?  ???
I'll let her know, next time we talk about it - because obviously a complete stranger on the internet knows better than she does what she experienced.
Sorry, but you appear to be determined to suggest that every woman suffers in menopause - and if  say differently, they're not being truthful.

Here's news for you - my first birth didn't hurt and I had no pain relief, and I was silent throughout. Lucky? Yes. Impossible - no.

Winterose

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 08:12:40 PM »

Does anyone have any answers re estrogen levels in women who dont " suffer " meno symptoms??

Dancinggirl

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »

Stellajane - there doesn't seem to be a pattern - we often read on here about women who have been sailing along with regular periods and have had no apparent hormonal issues and then when the meno hits they are baffled by the strange and horrid symptoms that descend. I do think there is a genetic link though - my mother and grandmother had a premature meno and so did I, my 2 sisters obviously didn't get this gene. However I think you are right in thinking it is something to do with how our bodies react to hormones, or the lack of them, and the ability to adjust.
Most women's experience of the meno will be different and the main problem is that our NHS is not geared to treating us holistically to enable treatment for our symptoms to be tailored to our needs. Maybe in time genetics will hold the key and they will be able to test our bodies responses, look at our genes and come up with perfect solutions - not in our lifetime though.  The best we can do now is get clued up, try various things and hope we can find our own balance. Dg x

peegeetip

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 10:22:42 AM »

Well said StellaJane and DancingGirl :) 
:clapping:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]