Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Me again and slightly better  (Read 1244 times)

sidse

Me again and slightly better
« on: February 21, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »

Hello,
Just reporting back after my couple of weeks of misery hormone wise. Well, another period came and brought back some sanity and some much needed sleep. I have an appointment with my GP this coming week and I want to start a conversation re HRT. Just to recap, I am 53, my periods had stopped for 6 months and I was feeling fine'ish and then I  had two periods of severe PMS followed by periods, in the last 6 weeks. The PMS was horrendous - couldn't think straight, very anxious and severe lack of sleep. I have started taking St John's Wort but I am not sure it is making me feel better as I had already started to feel better anyway. I do not want to be going through another PMS/period cycle as I have to keep going at work - no sick pay and a husband who is off sick due to a heart attack.Even without all that , who wants to feel like that month after month? What are my options? To go on the pill? That would rule out he PMS/period. Long cycle HRT? Not really sure what that is. What type of HRT? I am concerned my GP may want to go down the anti depressant route but I definitely feel that my issues are hormonal.

Ju Ju

Re: Me again and slightly better
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »

Hormones and .........stress? You have had a lot to contend with. Your husband's health, the financial implications and the pressure of working. Do you make time just for you? To follow an interest, a hobby or have the chance to go out with friends? Something beyond work and looking after your husband and home?

dazned

Re: Me again and slightly better
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »

Sorry to hear how poorly you have been and and the anxiety you must be feeling regarding your husband  :hug:

If you can see a definite pattern of your symptoms regarding your pms then be firm with your gp and say you want to explore the option of hrt if that is the way you want to go, don't be fobbed off with antidepressants if you believe they are not appropriate for you ,they are all to quick to prescribe those and get you out in my experience .

Hope you get the results you want and start to feel better soon x