Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: needing the toilet after inserting utrogestan vaginally  (Read 6915 times)

Dandelion

needing the toilet after inserting utrogestan vaginally
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »

Hi

I try not to drink too much fluids on an evening, and last night I inserted my utrogestan tablets vaginally AFTER going to the loo for what I thought was the last wee of the day.

Anyway, an hour and a half or so later, I still could not get to sleep and by this time I could feel that I would probably need to go for another wee.
As I thought I had had my last wee of the day, and, as I had put the utrogestan tablets in my vagins, I did not want to be getting up and weeing again, so I rolled over and tried to ignore the bladder which was filling up again.

I often need to go to the loo in the night, so, if I need to go for a wee after inserting my utrogestan tablets tonight, will I lose them, will it be a problem?

Thanks

Dandelion

Re: needing the toilet after inserting utrogestan vaginally
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »

Does anyone know how long it takes for utrogestan to be absorbed in the vagina?
thanks

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »

If you are inserting it properly it should make no difference. Different tubes  ;D

Think about tampax....you can still wee when you have inserted one....get my drift.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »

I understand that you may worry about the product leaking out?  However, denying yourself fluids is my main worry.  The less you drink the more the kidneys work.  So keeping up your intake is important!!!!

I think too that if we think we shouldn't get out of bed it plays on the mind  ::) -  I'm like that on the motorway ….

It doesn't take long for absorption to happen.  Is there a discharge when you get out of bed ………

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »

Honeybun's right Dandelion. You put the utrogestan high up in the vagina which is way past the urethra where your wee comes out!

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Brilliant, thanks. You answered my questions.
Sorry CKLD to cause concern about insufficient fluids, what I should have said is that I drink enough.
I just meant that by 'not much' not excessively.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »

You don't need to change your mind in order to keep me 'happy'  :-X

Either you do - or don't - "I try not to drink too much fluids on an evening" ………  :-\

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »

You don't need to change your mind in order to keep me 'happy'  :-X

Either you do - or don't - "I try not to drink too much fluids on an evening" ………  :-\
No, genuinely.
During the day, I drink a lot of fluids, at night I drink enough but not too much. If I felt thirsty at night though, I do still drink, enough to satisfy but not excessive.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »

Hi Dandelion

I can see why you're worried - I have to get up to wee in the night and more so when I've put the utrogestan in. I've had 4 children so I do worry that gravity might make it slip out but it seems to be OK. I don't even like to get up at all after putting mine in! You can see the residue in the loo in the morning! However the others are right - it's designed to do its stuff and the dose will be high enough to take account of a little bit which leaks out!

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »

Hi Dandelion

I can see why you're worried - I have to get up to wee in the night and more so when I've put the utrogestan in. I've had 4 children so I do worry that gravity might make it slip out but it seems to be OK. I don't even like to get up at all after putting mine in! You can see the residue in the loo in the morning! However the others are right - it's designed to do its stuff and the dose will be high enough to take account of a little bit which leaks out!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

Thanks very much for your post.