Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: So, I have written to my consultant  (Read 2907 times)

GypsyRoseLee

So, I have written to my consultant
« on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »

After finally taking the step of asking for HRT a few weeks ago, the locum consultant I saw prescribed my Evorel Conti. I haven't taken them. I really don't think they're the right preparation for me - backed up by all the knowledgeable advice on here.

My own GP is reluctant to prescribe as she considers me 'a complicated case' because I still have periods  :-\

So, yesterday I wrote to my own consultant asking if they could fax over the HRT preparation we'd discussed at Xmas. Oestrogen patches, then separate progesterone feedback for a few days per month.

As an added insurance, I also rang the clinic today and spoke to one of the nurses and explained the situation. She said she would need to confer with colleagues and get back to me.

So, just sitting here waiting now to see what happens next. I am on Day 21 of my cycle and since Day 14 it's been a bit grim to say the least. Keep getting anxiety episodes which last several hours, where I feel so low and despairing. Then it quickly lifts and I'm pretty okay(ish) again. I'm waking very early, pre-6am, and instantly get nasty adrenaline ****les down the backs of my legs.

I dream of the days where my alarm used to wake me up at 7.30am and all I would feel is a bit tired, but happy to face the day.

honorsmum

Re: So, I have written to my consultant
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »

Oh God, yes! Before all this kicked off, the alarm would go off at 7.15am and I'd still be asleep at 8am...these days, I'm awake pretty much from about 5am and have to be in bed asleep by 10.30pm.
Like you, I can cope with a few duff days every month, but when they outnumber the ok/good days,it's a different matter.

I hope you hear back from your consultant quickly.
Do you take any kind of vitamins or supplements to try to help things?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »

I used to be able to sleep for England. I loved sleeping and was really good at it. Nowadays I get stressed about bedtime in case the insomnia comes back.

I currently take Menopace and Promensil, I also take a high dosage calcium (1200mg a day) as this is meant to help with anxiety. Not sure if they do anything, but at least I know I am getting all the vitamins I need.

My diet hasn't been great this last year. I ballooned when I took ADs. Then since I stopped I have lost a stone mainly because my low mood affects my appetitie.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »

To all the very knowledgeable ladies on here - can I ask what do you think my gynaecologist is likely to prescribe me?

Obviously my first script of Evorel Conti form that locum was a total non starter.

My normal gynaecologist already knows I don't react well to progesterone, as I had worse PMS, acne and weight gain with the Mirena. So in my letter I have asked her for oestrogen patches, then separate bio identical progesterone for as short a term each month as possible.

Was this the right thing to ask for?

bramble

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »

Not sure why you think the Everol conti was a non starter?

Bramble

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »

Hello Bramble

It's because I still have periods and I don't react well to progesterone. It's normally only prescribed to women who are post menopause. Also considering I don't tolerate progesterone well I don't want to wear a patch containing it every day if I can help it.

My own consultant advised an oestrogen patch and then being very careful with a separate progesterone feedback regime.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »

Have no idea what you will be prescribed or what is 'best' for you, wait until the Consultant responds?

bramble

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »

Thanks. I can see now why you want to go down the sequi route.
B.