Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling really low  (Read 9359 times)

Essexragdoll

Feeling really low
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

Hi everyone, just got back from seeing the nurse about starting on HRT. When I described my symptoms she said she was not sure if it was the menopause as I was sleeping ok and my anxiety was constant. She said with meno symptoms the anxiety is normally at certain times of the month. I have  had if for about 6 weeks. I do get days that are better than some , but always feel on edge. I have also lost 1/2 a stone and she said that normally women put on weight during this time, but I am not eating much due to my anxiety. She believes I am very depressed ( which is causing my weird lightheadedness) and should start the AD'the doctor prescribed, even though I am not prone to being depressed or anxious apart from a bit of PND 20 years ago!!
I insisted on HRT so she prescribed me 3 months worth of Femoston 1/10. When I went to the chemist to get my prescription he charged me twice as he said it was to separate prescriptions( I was in no mood to argue, but is this correct ?) and then he told me that the delivery was late and that I would have to wait until later to pick them up.
I went back to my car and cried my eyes out. I now don't know which way to turn, I feel so anxious and scared, I am supposed to be going away this weeknd with my husband for his birthday but don't really know how I am going to get through it.

Millykin

Re: Feeling really low
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »

Oh Essex
I'm 44 perimeno and suffered anxiety almost constantly before HRT now it's occasional. I sleep ok, I lose weight easily if I can't eat due to nausea from anxiety. Everything you describe is me! I'm on Femoston 1/10 and it does help. As for the charges I live inscotland so don't pay but I'm pretty sure this is not a double charge it does not come separately so tell them that.
X

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »

Or did you get AD and HRT?
X

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:20:55 AM »

Glad you got a good HRT as a lot of the other ladies prefer or say to go for this one.

I'm at a loss as how they can charge twice for one set of tablets?
Perhaps you need to check with the doc and see what they say.

In my HRT there is 3 * single burst pack of 28 tablets. So how could they charge twice for that.

In the case of multi-phase Birth control perhaps they should charge 3 or 4 times as the tablets change over the month more!!

Sounds like a rip off or some sort of shady practice.

If the chemist logic applies then you should be charged twice for the co-codamol too.

In terms of the AD. MY own opinion is give the HRT six months first.
Then see how you feel.

Hope all goes better now.

:-*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:41:15 AM by peegeetip »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »

Hi Essexragdoll
I don't think the chemist should have charged you twice - perhaps check with your GP or a different chemist about this. Frankly at the moment this is not important. Bravo for standing your ground and getting what you need.
I can really understand you feeling demoralised after having such a negative visit with the nurse - I actually find the practise nurses can be quite harsh at times. Well done for getting the Femoston.  As soon as you get it just start taking it.  It may take 2-4 weeks to weave it's magic and if your mood is hormonal then this HRT may well help.  It's right to try the Femoston first- you can try the ADs later if need be.
Try to stay positive - there is a good chance you will start to feel better very soon. I bet you even feel better this weekend knowing you've taken this positive step forward to getting your life back.   Have a good weekend.  DG x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »

I can't comment on the rest of your post but the price for the Femoston 1/10 is indeed a double price.  I tried arguing with my pharmacist but he assured me it was right - it's because you have two different tablets in each pack.  Big con if you ask me!  I'm on the Femoston 1/5 conti now so that is just a regular prescription.....

Essexragdoll

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

What a rip off  >:( thanks millykin it me feel a bit better that your symptoms were as constant as mine,but I am also sorry that you had to go through it. It just shocked me that I could be clinically depressed,  i do feel very low and have not managed to get myself out of this feeling since it started 6 weeks ago but have nothing to be depressed about.  Am definitely going to try HRT before the AD's as I also think it is hormonal.

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »

Hi
Ye try HRT first, it lifted my mood. I still get off day but nothing what it was like. I think they like to push AD. I noticed slight difference in days so hope it goes well for you.
X

Essexragdoll

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »

Thanks everyone I just gave a question regarding when I can start Femoston. The leaflet says if I have regular periods to start on day 5 of the bleed, well my periods have been abut irregular and I missed three during the summer months but had one in November and December, not sure if I will be getting one this month or not, it would be due in about 5/6 days, should I wait to see if it arrives or just start taking them now ?

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

I hadn't had a bleed for few months so I started straight away but not sure if you should hold of for a week since you will be due then. If nothing appears then start.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »

If you can get through the weekend with DH then I would wait before adding anything else to the 'mix'.  That way when you period arrives you can start 'as instructed', if you don't bleed have a word with the pharmacist to see what is suggested.

As for prescription charges: years ago, a prescription was that - 1 paid 1 cost for a piece of paper regardless of how many products were on it: 'per prescription'  ::) : now we are charged for each drug regardless of the fact that it is requested one 1 sheet ……..

Enjoy your weekend!

Essexragdoll

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »

It is scandalous CLKD one box, with 3 strips of 28 pills, £16.00. They are all in the same box so how can they be two separate prescription. Oh well,  like dancing girl said that's not important now, at least I have them.

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

My advice would be just to start them now. You could have a long wait otherwise.
You might get a bit of a breakthrough around the time of your period but after a couple of months you will settle into a cycle.

Try and enjoy your weekend.

I am also in Scotland so don't pay anything.

Honeyb
X

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »

Hello Essexragdoll

Sorry that you are suffering. The practice nurse you spoke to is incorrect about the menopause so perhaps she should spend some time reading this forum! I had an intense, constant anxiety all day every day until about 9pm when it would magically disappear but always return the next morning. During that time my sleep was okay and I didn't put on an ounce. After six months I couldn't take any more so I begun HRT and the anxiety lifted after two weeks. It hasn't been plain sailing and I still have problems but that particular brand of horrible was most certainly hormonal.

I hope the regime you have been given works well for you, if not don't despair, the knowledgeable ladies on this site can guide you through the alternatives. We know what it's like to feel the way you do and help is at hand.

Wishing you well.

K.     

Essexragdoll

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 07:08:18 PM »

Thanks Kathleen, your comments have really helped, I am similar to you in that my symptoms  nearly all  disappear in the evening,  at the moment I feel almost ok, and then in the mornings it is all back, its really strange. The nurse I spoke to did actually recommend this site and said that when she was going through her change she often went on hear for support, however she did also say that she did not get any real anxiety and HRT did nothing for her at all. She as really nice and did try to understand how I feel, but I suppose if you have never suffered with its hard to really know what someone is going through.
Pages: [1] 2