Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This is just awful. Need some help.  (Read 8398 times)

GypsyRoseLee

This is just awful. Need some help.
« on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:15 PM »

I posted just before Xmas saying my period last month had been light, and I hadn't had the normal symptoms of breast tenderness or bloating. In fact my last few periods have all still been regular but the same lack of other symptoms.

I posted on days 7/8 of my cycle and was just crippled with horrible anxiety. Thankfully, that went away on Day 10, but since then I have felt increasingly more and more flat and empty. Xmas just felt pointless and I couldn't take any pleasure in anything  :'(For the last few days these feelings of emptiness and total lack of emotion have got worse. My period is due this week and again I have no breast tenderness, no bloating. This inner emptiness is horrible, my daughter cuddled me at breakfast today and I felt nothing. I look at my lovely husband and feel absolutely nothing for him  :'(

I saw an NHS gynaecologist in November, who offered me HRT to help with all my mood related symptoms (she said I was a classic candidate to suffer like this because of my history of PMS and PND), but stupidly I said I wanted to think about it. Now, I can't get in to see her until at least July!

I can't go through another month like this one. I can function perfectly well and don't feel 'sad' I just feel totally empty. I'm like a statue going through the motions.

Has anyone experienced something similar and can offer advice? I would be very grateful.

Can I go back to my GP (who referred me) and explain, and will they just give me HRT instead. I am desperate to feel better.

GypsyRoseLee

Re: This is just awful. Need some help.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »

Sorry forgot to add I keep getting random insomnia too which I have never suffered with before in my life, even during some very stressful times. My sleep has always been excellent. And I seem to have lost my sweet tooth, it has just gone and I can't seem to fancy any foods really. Same with my libido, I usually feel quite frisky around the middle of the month but I am just empty and numb in that area too and have been for nearly 2 months. I hate this, I really do.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »

You do sound as if you would benefit from HRT. Why don't you go and speak to your GP. Decide from the menus on the left what you would like and go in primed to ask for that.

It's rotten feeling the way you do but there is quality of life out there. We just have to be proactive to get it.

:hug:

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:43:46 PM »

Oh have a {{{{GypsyRoseLee}}}}

carrs

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:47:29 PM »

Hi
Your consultant will probably have written to your GP by now, and hopefully included the HRT suggestion. So the GP can prescribe it based on the gynae recommendation.

Good luck

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »

Go and see your GP and explain what the consultant said - sure they'll be fine about it.
Like Carrie says - your GP will probably have heard from the consultant by now anyway.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

Or ask for a 'phone call? give the surgery a ring, explain and see if the Consultant has sent your GP recommendations?  The GP can ring back and you can go from there  ;)

renee

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »

A www isn't it just awful having to feel like this....your words struck a chord with me.

It's like you look the same but inside don't feel like the same person....you just feel dead kinda!

It's not your fault, take the help, go to your Doc and get on HRT. It really has helped me with all the emotional ups and downs, anxiety and insomnia.

Iv just changed from Climagest to Femoston, so it might take a while to get onto the right one or dose but do it, get the old YOU back. Don't wait, life is too precious to suffer the way you are. ❤️

jedigirl

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »

Just wanted to send a big squeezy hug GypsyRoseLee.
I felt similar last year on holiday. I felt detached from my family and as if i was looking in through a window at them. The anxiety I was feeling at the time didn't allow for many other emotions I think. I'm on Sertreline for anxiety now after first trying Citalopram and it helps. I don't feel so detached but do suffer from some anxiety at certain times of the month (after my period). Nausea is my main problem.
You need to have a good chat with your GP, write down how you are feeling and list all your questions before hand.
Research HRT too if that interests you and have choices ready to suggest to your GP. You will get past this, you just need guidance. Good Luck xxx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »

I remember being in full survival mode and not being able to communicate - if I had to talk to anyone there was no smile or facial interaction, I couldn't do both - i.e. talk and interact

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 10:38:45 PM »

Thank you for everyone's support, it really helps.

I actually feel a bit better tonight, slightly less empty and frozen. Though this might be due to having finally made the decision to see my GP in the morning and see if they can act on my gynaecologist's behalf and prescribe HRT either off their own bat, or with her guidance?

I am worried about HRT. I don't deal well with progesterone, which is why I have always suffered with PMS and didn't cope well with the Pill and reacted poorly to the Mirena. And I would hate to put weight on after battling to lose 14lbs recently. But these last couple of weeks have just been a horrible twilight life. The lack of any emotion is actually quite frightening, except you can't really feel fear if that that makes sense?

Is there an HRT type which is more beneficial to women who don't tolerate progesterone well?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »

Just wanted to add I have just checked my diary and I'm on Day 26, and my breasts feel slightly tender so period is due imminently which is maybe why my mood might have lifted slightly tonight? I do usually note a slightly improvement in mood as period starts, then a really nasty low dip and horrible anxiety on Days 7/8/9.

The last few months my luteal phase has caused a very low, flat mood for 7-10 days and I'm worried that progesterone in my HRT might exacerbate that in the second half of my cycle. Does anyone know if this could be the case?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

It would seem that you need a regime that has as little progesterone in as possible.  Have you browsed the menus, left of screen?

Let us know how you got on!

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

Hy GypsyRoseLee

Definitely your GP can prescribe HRT - as the others have said, especially as your consultant recommended it.

Re the mood changes in the second half of your cycle. This could be due either to decreased oestrogen or increased progesterone and then withdrawal from it.

If you look at the graphs of the menstrual cycle - following the peak around ovulation when most women feel at their best, oestrogen falls over the next two weeks until around the time of the bleed or just after and then starts to rise again. After ovulation progesterone rises rapidly and then falls triggering the bleed.  As you get nearer to menopause and the ovaries start to fail, as well as fluctuating more, your oestrogen levels will also not be as high as before ie the peak will be lower.

Most HRT will give you a constant level of oestrogen (which will add to your own supply) - therefore should prevent some of the low mood you are experiencing. If you are progesterone intolerant as well then this might also cause problems. Women react differently to the different types. I would steer clear of products containing norethisterone and perhaps if you are OK with tablets and have no digestive problems then maybe a low dose Femoston might help which is almost bio-identical (the oestrogen is, and the progestogen is close).

I am sure I will have shown you this link too before - on the peri-menopause? http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hope this helps!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 08:39:42 PM »

Oh we are a Mine of Information  ;)
Pages: [1] 2