Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopace Plus and Menopace Night  (Read 13212 times)

DowntonFan

Menopace Plus and Menopace Night
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »

Good afternoon everyone,

I am a newbie and also only beginning the menopause - am getting sweats during day and night so have started taking Menopace Plus (only third day!!) but was wondering about taking the Menopace Night can you combine both - I am sleeping very little and would like a good nights sleep if anyone could recommend anything I would be grateful

Thank you x 

karin

Re: Menopace Plus and Menopace Night
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »

Hi there!! Welcome. Im about a year ahead of you, i did try menopace but to be honest i didnt particularly notice a benefit, but in fairness I didnt take it for long so its worth trying to see- not sure if you can take both but im sure someone on this site can tell you.
At night i keep an evian spray next to the bed in case i wake up hot, i try not to use my ipad for reading/playing games in bed because it seems to wake up my brain! And i take starflower and B vitamins plus a little omega 3 and my sleep is lots better. If i still cant  sleep i try not to fret about it and sometimes get up and make a hot drink or listen to some gentle music or an audio tape which sends me off like a baby!! Keeping a level head and including a few practical tips help immensely, keep posting how you are doing x

DowntonFan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 03:18:01 PM »

Karin,

Thank you so much for this - I do agree with you about keeping a level head I think sometimes the more frustrated you get about not sleeping the more awake you get!! Not using my ipad will be hard  :) :) :) - I will also try the vitamins.........

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

Hi Downtonfan and welcome to MM
Menopace is a good all round vitamin supplement so well worth taking.  I've been taking it for some time and found it has helped my general health but sadly it didn't improve any meno symptoms like flushes and night sweats.  The 'Plus' Menopace does contain herbs and isoflavines etc. that are supposed to help with flushes etc. and some women find them helpful but sadly there is very little evidence that herbs and remedies really help that much.  The Night time Menopace just contains some additional herbs that can be beneficial for mild anxiety that can disturb sleep so you could just buy the Herbal form of Nytol which is roughly the same and take that at night.
You don't say your age but it is worth reading up all the info under the headings to the left of this secret to get really clued up.  If the meno symptoms are really impacting on your life then HRT is the best option for tackling the symptoms.

I have just been through a year without HRT and during this time the only way I could cope with the lack of sleep was to take the over the counter version of Nytol that has an anti-hystermine in it - just don't use this every night as your body gets used to it and then it won't work.  I used to take Nytol for 2-3 nights per week. 
I'm back on HRT now and it's bliss to get some better quality sleep.
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »

Hi DowntonFan

:welcomemm:

When you say you are only just starting menopause - I just wondered what exactly do you mean ie where are you in the journey? As you are getting sweats and flushes it sounds like you may be well into the journey and wondering how irregular your periods are and how old you are?

Most of us find that as we get further into menopause the only thing that really helps with sleeping and dealing with the flushes and sweats is HRT, as Dancinggirl has said. Not being able to sleep is so debilitating and impacts on how well we can cope with whatever else we have to in life so really no need to suffer if you can alleviate this through hormone replacement...

Hurdity x

starfish

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:17:40 PM »

Hi,

I use Menopace Night and find it quite good - it's a general multivitamin and mineral with added herbals and isoflavones. I haven't tried Menopace Plus but it looks quite good too. I don't believe they are intended to be taken together though. I also take red clover, fish oils, starflower, B vits, magnesium and vit D…I do think they all help but of course it's worth seeing GP, having blood tests etc if concerned. I don't have HRT as yet but definitely worth considering/ discussing with Doc as so many here are really helped by it.

Cutting caffeine (alas!) and exercising have helped my sleep considerably. Wishing you well.

Starfish x