Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem 25 mcg exchange for 10 mcg  (Read 2346 times)

swiftandsure

Vagifem 25 mcg exchange for 10 mcg
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading these boards recently (coming of age!) and I have also been having a clearout (in that nothing-doing period between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve). I came across an UNOPENED packet of Vagifem 25mcg (I now use the 10mcg as I find that is ok for me) and I wondered if anyone out there could do a straight swap i.e. 15 x 10mcg in exchange for 15 x 25mcg.

The individual tear-off applicators all have an Expiry Date of 10/2015.

I am happy to meet up (I am in Cheshire, near the M56) and exchange.

Happy Christmas/New Year to you all!

Hurdity

Re: Vagifem 25 mcg exchange for 10 mcg
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »

Hi swiftandsure

:welcomemm:

Re your generous offer: without wishing to offend and with respect, I am sure you will understand that it would be very unwise for anyone to arrange to meet a complete stranger after just one post, since we are all anonymous on here and mostly don't actually know who the other members are!

Personally I would never meet anyone from here unless I had known them for some time, and was absolutely sure they were who they said they were, and I don't think anyone else should either... I would suggest you use them up by using a 25 mcg one instead of a 10 mcg now and again - it won't do any harm  - but if you'd rather not I would return them to the surgery or dispensary.

Thank you for your kind thought and please do keep posting - perhaps introduce yourself in the members section so that we can get to know you?

Hurdity  :)

swiftandsure

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »

I quite understand you points.... it was just that I didn't want them to go to waste (I believe that anything returned to a chemist now-a-days is NOT recycled!) and quite a few posters on here sound like they really need them.

You will comprehend that equally I don't want to post them in the hope that I shall get the equivalent back - that was why I wanted to swap face-to-face!

Maybe there is no solution in an untrusting society?? 

swiftandsure

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »

Of course, one could always bring a friend??

swiftandsure

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:42 AM »

Well, New Year has come and gone and my potential Good Deed for 2015 has come to nought so, with regret, I am withdrawing the offer. I don't think it right to just leave this thread hanging with no apparent end! So sorry that nothing came of it...

Hattie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »

From your own point of view it may not have been a good idea to accept a 10mcg packet from someone - you will have no idea how it has been stored.

If the central pharmacy at my doctors surgery get a prescription wrong eg sending out 300mg tablets for collection locally  instead of 400mg they always ask me if it is of any use for me to keep. Anytime i have driven to the pharmacy and taken something back they have said that they will not put it back on the shelf.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:46:31 AM by Hattie »