Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie....when to change from elleste?  (Read 1885 times)

JanetC

Newbie....when to change from elleste?
« on: December 30, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »

Hello, I'm a newbie. Wanted to say hello but also need advice. I've been taking elleste 1mg for 4 years. I'm experiencing night sweats and some low mood issues which I have not had since starting the elleste. I still have a monthly bleed.
Should I be thinking about changing the HRT medication or going for the higher dose? I'm 54

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Newbie....when to change from elleste?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:00:44 PM »

Hi JanetC

:welcomemm:

It depends on where you were in menopause when you started HRT. If you were peri-menopausal and still having fairly regular periods then 1 mg was probably enough for you. As your own oestrogen levels drop then symptoms could recur even on 1 mg. Also approx two years following menopause ie the last period (whenever that would be) your oestrogen levels bottom out so that is also the time some women notice an increase of symptoms.

There are also factors in your body affecting the absorption of tablet HRT which might have changed too.

If the Elleste suits you ( is it Elleste Duet?) I would suggest you ask to try the 2 mg for a while to see if this does the trick. No need to change from a tablet HRT to transdermal HRT ) patch or gel) at this age yet.

Hurdity x

JanetC

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »

Thanks for the reply Hurdity.
I understand that the elleste (yes it's duet) causes a monthly bleed(?) so it's difficult to know if I have stopped or not. Before starting on elleste my periods were on/off, I'd missed a few then they returned. My main problem and the reason I started on elleste, were the mood swings. I have been experiencing more of these but not as severe.
I really don't want to go back to having those again!

Thanks again

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »

Hello JanetC and welcome to the forum.

I'm one of those women who has found the psychological aspects of the menopause the most difficult to handle. Hormones can really pack a punch can't they !

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.