Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello ladies  (Read 1850 times)

Fluffy

Hello ladies
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

Thanks to the admin for allowing me to join :)

I went through my menopause 21 years ago, back in the day where I had no internet or computer. I was confused and felt alone and only wish a place like this had been available to me then. Instead I turned to Miriam Stoppard and the only book I could get my hands on.

I was 25 then and and had just under gone chemo therapy, total body irradiation and a bone marrow transplant. So my symptoms and journey into the menopause was pretty swift. I was put on HRT straight away and juggled from one to the other in the first year, finally I settled on Kliofem and took that for about 18 years in total to protect my bones.

Now at 46 I have had some bleeding so headed off to my GP where a smear test was taken. The nurse that took the smear said she could see signs of ectropion  The results for my smear are due 2 weeks into the new year.  Yesterday I went for a transvaginal ultrasound where I was told that the lining of my uterus was thick and was advised to go back to my GP in a week when he should have received the results by then. That falls on Christmas day so I am hoping they arrive early so more tests can be followed up.
Now I know not having had a period in 21 years and HRT free for 3 years that the lining of my womb should not be 'thick'. I am hoping that what ever the reason for this and my recent bleeds will just mean taking another hormone to balance things out again. But if it happens to be cancer, well I have been there and got the t-shirt and if it comes to it I dont mind getting rid of my girly internal bits as they have not been any use to me in 21 years. They did a lovely job of keeping my son safe 26 years ago but not a lot of use to me now.

Google is a scarey place to search with symptoms as everything comes up 'cancer'. I have learned to type in " -cancer " after my search which brings up a whole host of easier to treat conditions. 
I would love to hear form anyone who has had post-menopausal bleeds and what was your outcome?

babyjane

Re: Hello ladies
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

hello fluffy, I like your style.  Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy finally being part of a supportive group.

By the way people used to say my dog was fat when she was younger because he had such a thick fluffy coat.  It's thinner now so she doesn't get the same insults any more  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Fluffy
What a sorted and down to earth lady you are.
I can understand you fearing the worst but a thickened lining doesn't necessarily mean there is cancer. 
I do hope you have positive reassurance before Christmas.
Keep us posted.  DG x

Fluffy

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

Thank both,
babyjane, my thick fluffy coat keeps me warm in this cold winter weather too  ;)
Dancinggirl what lovely words but I havent always been 'sorted', It took me a while to come to terms with the infertility and it was a case of being grateful for what I had got than what I had not..... As the saying goes :When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Life is rarely easy but I have been lucky to witness sunshine after the storms :)