Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New and confused  (Read 8935 times)

CJ-sleepless

Re: New and confused
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »

Thanks dancinggirl!  I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so don't think the sequi thing applies to me, so I don't have bleeds to worry about.  It does feel like PMT type that I'm experiencing - its been so long I'd forgotten how it felt!  YUK!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »

Hi CJ
As you have to have some progesterone because of endometriosis I would definitely try Femoston conti.  I am no expert but having read so many posts on this site I am basing my advice on the positive reviews from many women. There are other options to try - I'm afraid it is trial and error finding the right HRT for you.

Here is the section from this site that explains about the different progesterones:
Testosterone derived - Norgestrel, Norethisterone acetate and Levonorgestrel.
Less testosterone related - Medroxyprogesterone acetate(MPA).
Least testosterone related - Dydrogesterone and Micronised progesterone (Utrogestan).

As you can see Dydrogesterone comes in the least testosterone related selection - this is the progesterone that is in Femoston. I think the theory is; the less testosterone related the less side effects. I am currently using Utrogestan with Oestrogel applied daily and finding it quite good - it can make you feel a bit sleepy so you take it before bedtime and I've definitely been sleeping better!

Why not print off the info under the 'HRT Preparations' section and also write out your concerns and questions so you can show these to the GP. 
Here is the link:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php
You would need to go for the Femoston 1 mg estradiol & 5mg dydrogesterone daily

I think we all find it really difficult to be concise and assertive when we see our doctors and I find writing things down really helps.  If the GP won't read it, then read it out to them.
I think if you explain the reasons why you want to try Femoston (because the progesterone is similar to the natural progesterone we produce and therefore less likely to give side effects) this may help your cause. 
Good luck. DG x

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »

Thank you so much dancinggirl that's really useful info!

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »

Finally got to see my GP yesterday - and she's put me on the femoston conti, and also physio and anti-inflammatories for my coccyx - so fingers crossed for some improvements!  Thanks again for all your advice
Pages: 1 [2]