Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bowels iffy  (Read 13218 times)

honeybun

Re: Bowels iffy
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »

Kids have a lot to answer for. Had piles when I was pregnant and have had the little b***ers since  ;D

They really can give you gip.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »

Oh & apparently running to the loo a lot can cause them too as I found out a few years back. I thought you only got if constipated. Wrong, the runs cause them too. Very nippy I can tell you! I'd have willingly stuck my tush in bucket of ice water.
Blimey the things we talk about on here.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »

Another reason not to have been pregnant, my Mum and sister both suffer  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »

People who have never had children get them too. I know someone who had op for hers in her 20s and she'd never been pregnant.

Ju Ju

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 08:15:23 AM »

And you can have them and not know. I was told after an endoscopy. Have had one flare up since.

babyjane

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »

My husband has them and as far as I know he has never been pregnant  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »

;D a medical miracle!

I know of a traffic police motor cyclist with them. Apparently caused by sitting on the bike too much! I remember being warned at school, that I would get them for sitting on a radiator and then again for sitting on a cold step!

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »

Oh Granny always said that I would get piles if I sat too long on her front step which was a block of 'stone' - but I was happy, watching the lizard that lived underneath  ;)

Tami

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »

I'm 54 and every relative on both sides of my family has taken the liberty to tell me that I'm full of s%*t since I was a small child. Queen of constipation here :cuss:. My mother took me to several docs as a child...solutions offered ranged from drinking warm prune juice 3 X a day to being forced to sit on the toilet for long periods of time and "it" would just naturally happen. SURPRISE...it's MINE and I'm keeping it! After a couple of years of eating high fiber foods, drinking massive amounts of water, and using up several box of crayons and coloring books used to entertain me during my lengthy and non-productive toilet times, docs concluded that going once every 7-10 days was "normal" for me. This caused me no discomfort whatsoever UNTIL menopause! I haven't resorted to "excavating" as some of you have had to  :sigh: but I found myself using far too many harsh laxatives. I now drink a Yogi brand tea called Smooth Move and it actually WORKS! I can't stand the bloating from constipation anymore and I'm thinking that constipation adds to some urinary incontinence issues I've been having lately. ????

Ju Ju

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »

I was prescribed charcoal biscuits as a young teenager for wind when I first had symptoms of IBS, not that it had a name then. Disgusting things. I'll look into your yogi tea Tami. Maybe it will help me.

Morwenna

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »

:welcomemm: Tami

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »

Welcome from me too ………. your sense of humour will fit in well "SURPRISE it's MINE and I'm keeping it" ……….  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]