Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: miserable!!!  (Read 4387 times)

charliegirl

miserable!!!
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »

Hi Girls, not been on here in a while as been fairly ok. Am on Evoril Conti but keep having these episodes like a period, have tummy pains, anxiety depression, and have been in bed for three days. :'( I dont know whats happening, should i contact a gyne again. Hurdity I know you will have some idea, you are so knowledgeable.
Thanks Charliegirl.xx

Millykin

Re: miserable!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »

Hi
Ye Hurdity is one lol, sorry can't help but just wanted to say hi and hope you feel better soon, anxiety and depression are horrible x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »

Hi charliegirl - I used to have period type pains while on conti HRT but I also had breakthrough bleeding. I didn't really query it but thought it was just one of the side effects. It is miserable though to feel like that.

I also had anxiety and depression on Evorel which was caused by the progesterone, Norethisterone, component of this particular HRT. I switched to FemSeven and the depression disappeared and the anxiety was quite a lot better. Have you considered changing to a different type of HRT?

Taz x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »

Hey Taz,
Do you have any thoughts on why the fem seven may have worked better for you?
hope you are well :-) x

charliegirl

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »

Thanks for the replies girls, and Taz I have had a bloody discharge, sorry to be so discriptive, so its looking like the HRT could be to blame. Will have a look at Fem seven.
Good to know I have support on here! :)
Charliegirl.x

kiltgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »

Hi there, I just posted about depression too! Like you I'm on Evorel, maybe a side-effect of the progestin...is not a good place to be, will watch out for good advice on here

you're not alone xxx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »

Hey Taz,
Do you have any thoughts on why the fem seven may have worked better for you?
hope you are well :-) x

I think it's down to the different progesterone in FemSeven. It didn't give me any pmt-type symptoms which I had while on Evorel.

I'm doing ok thanks apart from a cough/cold caught at work which isn't doing the pelvic floor much good!!

Taz x  ;D

tabbycat3838

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »

Ahh intrresting Taz!sorry bout the pelvic floor  and coughing tho  :o
The things we gotta put up with!x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »

Thanks tabby. It's only a problem as I'm still recovering from a hyster and vaginal repair!

Taz x  :)

tabbycat3838

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »

oh god poor you!hope you are ok!?wish you a smooth recovery x

charliegirl

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »

Hi again Taz, how do I go about changing to the Fem Seven, what dose should use, GPs dont know much, should I email Dr Currie?
Cheers Charliegirl.x

charliegirl

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »

Hi Kiltgirl, what have you posted about feeling depressed??  Mine seems to be a symptom as well.
Charliegirl.xx

kiltgirl

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »

Hi Kiltgirl, what have you posted about feeling depressed??  Mine seems to be a symptom as well.
Charliegirl.xx

Hi Charliegirl, it was a thread named 'depression'
 was having a particularly down day and posted about how i felt like i have been having (really quite pragmatic) thoughts about how it would be to just not wake up one morning, having no motivation to even tidy the kitchen etc...am quite sure it's the progestin in evorel...haven't used a patch since the day i posted that and am starting to feel better, even if a little hotter under the collar...going to ask GP for a different type of patch.

An extreme depressive feeling, not normally what i am like, glad i recognised it,
maybe another symptom of my 'crazy' is that i keep singing 'I am the self preservation..society' to myself... ??? ???

the one thing I know about depression is that it always changes and wanes eventually, for me anyway...I know people who suffer a lot worse than I do and am so grateful that mine is transitory xx

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »

Hi charliegirl

There is only one dose for the Evorel and Femseven patches so it's quite easy to change. You don't need to contact Dr Currie at this stage.

Both types are listed here (scroll down for the patches):
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

I suggest you go to your GP and mention your symptoms, explain that you think it might be due to the progestogen in the Evorel, and ask to change to Femseven. Your doc will do any investigations s/he thinks appropriate re the physical symptoms, but re the anxiety & depression should readily agree to the change to Femseven conti.

Good luck!

Hurdity x

charliegirl

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »

HI Hurdity, I have an appointment with my GP on Friday, so will ask him can I change to Femseven, can I just stop the Evoril and start the Femseven??
Charliegirl xx