Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Good News - Attended Eye Clinic - Bad News - Disgraced Myself  (Read 2992 times)

Limpy

Good News - Attended Eye Clinic - Bad News - Disgraced Myself
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

I saw the consultant about the eyelid cyst that ruptured. He feels that while it had been infected in the past that was no longer the case. Yipee.

I am to continue with warm compresses and eye massage, if it doesn't go in a month then will consider surgery on it. Must admit I'me not too bothered about the lump if it isn't sore and I can use my contact lenses.

However on arriving at Clinic needed to use the loo. It wasn't till I came out that I realised I'd used the Gents!
When I emerged the entire waiting room started laughing and clapping. OH was on the other side rolling his eyes heavenwards.

The good news is that it was a single cubicle not a communal one - Still a definite Oooops moment

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Good News - Attended Eye Clinic - Bad News - Disgraced Myself
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »

It's OK - we're in Europe now  ;) and after all, you were in the Eye Clinic  ::)

[may I giggle] ……….

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »

CLKD - Feel free to guffaw, very loudly, everybody else did........   ::)

I mentioned, nay stressed the EYE clinic bit to OH. He went from rolling eyes to closing them and shaking his head sadly. Think that passes for support in his world.  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »

Good news about eyes, or maybe not!  ;D Sorry I did giggle ever so slightly.  My hubby's reaction would have been similar, after he'd stopped tittering.

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:49:12 PM »

I was hoping for clear advice as to whether using my lenses would be a good idea.
Haven't been using them at the moment, eyelid too sore.

I got a solemn shaking of head saying they really can cause problems. On further questioning, it turns out most lens problems arise from duff lens hygiene. Whilst I may have a cavalier attitude to housekeeping I am scrupulous about my lens care, so I will try again in a couple of days. 

The other thing I wanted to know was it OK to go swimming, apparently that's fine, no problem

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 06:56:55 PM »

Son's GF has had so many eye problems. Only allowed to wear lens on special occasions. She is scrupulous with her lens hygiene. She used the daily ones. Basically told if she continued to use her lens on daily basis she risked losing her sight. Pretty scary!  Her problem was more her actual eye than eyelid though.

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »

That's a shame for your son's GF CG.

One thing I do have going for me is that I use the small rigid gas permeable lenses which are easier to clean.
But, if I risked losing my sight I would go off them pretty quickly.

I've had to use my glasses over the past couple of weeks, I had thought the world would end if I wore my glasses, it didn't. But I did sneak a small lens use at the weekend and it's so much easier to see.

oldsheep

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »

;D Limpy. Great that you can swim. Be careful though....I got out of the pool a month or so ago and mistook the poolside mens' change room door for the toilets one.  There was only one man in there, who wasn't undressed. I got out fast! So it's not just you  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »

Oh heck Limpy.... ;D

Positive news about the eye though.

Have to say I have done the same thing.....only on a boat to Bute. Got the gents and ladies mixed up on the way there much to the hilarity of my dear family. Gents and ladies on different sides of the boat. Had to go on the way home and thought I had it sorted as I knew what side of the boat the toilets were. Of course the boat was facing in the opposite direction so ended up in the gents again.  You just couldn't make it up.

Hope your eye continues to improve.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »

Thanks ladies-  it's good to know I'me not the only one  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »

:rofl:

I've done the same - walked into the mens' area and saw urinals - kind of gave it away and fortunately it was on a quiet camp site earlier this Summer  ::)

I couldn't use contacts, I can't do anything with eyes - DH had to look in mine yesterday for an eyelash and my eyes wouldn't stay open and were watering like Niagara Falls  :o