Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Missed hrt patches  (Read 3256 times)

tjsmith

Missed hrt patches
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:18:45 PM »

HI
I AM 40 AND HAVE THE EVEROL PATCH LAST WEEK I NOTICED MY PATCH  HAD COME OFF BUT DINT NO WHEN ALTHOUGH NO MORE THAN COUPLE OF DAYS.
I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH ANXIETY LAST WEEK CAN THIS BE DUE TO THE PATCHES?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO EVEN OUT AGAIN?
BE GRATEFUL TO HEAR ANY EXPERIENCES, ALSO HAVE MIRENA COIL FOR THE PROGESTERONE.
THANKS TRACY

Hurdity

Re: Missed hrt patches
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:27:48 PM »

Hi tjsmith

I normally check my patch regularly to make sure it's stuck - have a quick feel every time I visit the loo and do the warm hand thing to re-stick down any parts that are lifting. Having said that Estradot that I use are very small and stick well so not much to worry about re coming unstuck.

The patches should not cause anxiety - it should actually help with that by increasing your oestrogen levels.  Do you still have a cycle - maybe your own hormone fluctuations could give rise to pms type anxiety symptoms? Depending where you are in meno also maybe you need a higher dose patch (depends on what you are on at the moment?).

Alternatively some women find the progestogen from the Mirena coil can lead to anxiety. Although very little is absorbed systemically - some women are especially sensitive to what little gets into their system.

Hurdity x

tjsmith

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:45:13 PM »

Thanks for the reply.
I was still having periods before but all over the place.
My gynae diagnosed me with pmdd and said this would help.

I wondered if the anxiety was caused by my patch not being on for couple days as this was my main symptom before hrt.

im on highest dose due to my age. X

charliegirl

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:37 PM »

Hi all, I am having a similar problem, feel well for a while on Evoril  patches and then period type pains and nausea, sometimes slight bleed. Wondering if its the patches  not sticking properly. Hurdity, they are alot bigger than yours. x