Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Result at the dentist  (Read 2860 times)

bramble

Result at the dentist
« on: October 25, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »

I am terrified of the dentist. Always have been even though my dentist is the biz. And as for the hygienist, even worse. I can't sleep, it bothers me for a week before I go etc etc. Anyway, long story short. The hygienist was on maternity leave and the dentist did the cleaning. After I had jumped the second time he swapped from his buzzy tool to hand tools to clean my teeth and it was bliss. No pain. Went to get my teeth cleaned this week and said to the now returned hygienist 'can you do it the old fashioned way?'. No probs. And again it was bliss. Why couldn't she have suggested this herself knowing how sensitive my teeth are now? Anyway, from now on, that is the way to go. Am extremely pleased that this is one less ordeal I need to cope with! No more sleepless nights! Hurrah!
Bramble

Limpy

Re: Result at the dentist
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »

Result Indeed - Well done

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »

I used to be terrified - it's the being laid back so that I can't get out of THAT chair  ::) - have had so much treatment in the last 5 years that I got quite blasé  ::)

Glad your dentist has an alternative way of cleaning!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »

I usually get a 'shower' when those electric cleaning machines/brushes are used  :o

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »

My hygienist is on maternity leave, so it was different lady this time. I hope my regular one comes back!!! My last clean has put me off. I've never had problems with hygienist but this one has brought back bad memories of a dentist who terrified me.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

Sometimes treatment nips  >:( ……….  :-X