Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: from pills to patches  (Read 1796 times)

Dandelion

from pills to patches
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:26:03 PM »

Hi

I have got five more days of this current cycle left, and five more femoston sequi pills to take before I start my new patches.

The GP didn't give me much information about when to start the patches, other than instructing me to finish the femoston current cycle I am on.

Do I start the patches the day after the last pill, or do I have to wait a few days for my period and then start the patches?

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: from pills to patches
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »

Dandelion you start them straight away exactly as you say. Take the last pill and the next day put the patch on. With most HRT the oestrogen is taken or given continuously at the same dose. The bleed should come as normal while you are on the oestrogen only patch.  You still have progesterone in your body for a while after taking it and it is the falling level which triggers the bleed.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

Re: from pills to patches
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »

Dandelion you start them straight away exactly as you say. Take the last pill and the next day put the patch on. With most HRT the oestrogen is taken or given continuously at the same dose. The bleed should come as normal while you are on the oestrogen only patch.  You still have progesterone in your body for a while after taking it and it is the falling level which triggers the bleed.

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

Thank you very much, that answers my question.