Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: How many things can break down? *****!  (Read 33532 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How many things can break down? *****!
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2015, 07:16:14 PM »

I love it when problems are sorted so being excited about a stop cock is absolutely fine ……..  ??? I think  ;D I enjoy looking for new white goods …….

Ju Ju

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2015, 09:01:04 PM »

I've been complaining since it was put there. I shouldn't have to drag a dishwasher out to get at the tap! Why was it put the in the 1st place? The new tap has been neatly installed without damaging the cupboard. When the kitchen was installed we found the stop cock had disappeared at the end of the drive! It had been tarmacked over! We thought we being stupid cos we couldn't find it.

Dulciana

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2015, 09:28:16 PM »

It's not exactly white goods, but I am the proud owner of a new kitchen bin!  We've just got rid of our old one, which was my parents-in-laws' old one.  The enamel was wearing off underneath the lid, and bad smells (and I've no doubt, germs) were becoming a daily occurrence, no matter how much I scrubbed it there.  From a very well-known department store, I managed to find a sleek, brushed stainless steel, 30-litre, capacious bin for £25, reduced from a frankly ridiculous price for a bin.  My lovely new bin now graces the corner of my kitchen and tones beautifully with my stainless steel sink - I'm so proud of it, I'm almost like Margo from The Good Life!   ;D    Oh, and I can sit in the living room and admire it through our glass kitchen doors!   ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »

Now you need a polishing cloth! Enjoy!  :)

Dulciana

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

I'm ashamed to admit that I've already done that, Ju Ju !  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:15 AM »

It's a form of therapy! :o

Dulciana

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »

Yes!

Ju Ju

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »

Well got the new dishwasher, same dimensions as before, but it won't go fully back into the space. We think it can't get past the waste pipe which is off side. Must be a millimetre causing the problem. :cuss: It was always a tight fit.

DH thinks he can solve it or at least work out exactly what's wrong. Means dismantling a panel of MDF. Mmm.....DH not famed for his DIY  skills.  ??? Ah well, at least we know someone who can solve the problem, but might be another plumbing job and more money. :(

Car goes back to the garage tomorrow. It's an hours drive away, so I asked if they had a courtesy car available as I don't feel up to driving so far yet. The chap (a friend) said yes as DH can drive any old junk! So I said laughing, should I tell DH you're going to give him a piece of junk to drive? Will that inspire his confidence in his garage? He hastened to add that DH was an excellent driver and was capable of driving any vehicle.  ;D

Dulciana

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »

I feel for you re. the dishwasher, Ju Ju.   That'll be one very inflexible millimetre!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »

Polishing: therapeutic  ??? ……… when you are in this area you can drop by  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »

Perhaps I should polish my new dishwasher......might make that millimetre less important!

honeybun

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »

I also have one of those big shiny bins.......and I hate it. It sits there and shows every single finger print or drip. I looks at me disapprovingly if I dont polish it every single day. I have even bought special shiny wipes for it so it looks good...for ten minutes.

It's a full time job.  :o

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »

I'll put up with that, HB!

Ju Ju

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »

Was a bit disappointed with the look of the stainless front as it had a sort of yellow look. Now I know why...yellow plastic covering for protection. Peeled it off and nice shiny stainless steel was revealed, apparently finger mark resistant. My little grandson will no doubt test that! If it needs polishing perhaps Dulciana the polishing angel needs a polishing holiday!  :)

The machine is sitting proud, so I can't get into the corner cupboard, which means I can't get the bread machine out, which means I can't make bread for DH, which means he might do something to solve the problem!  ;D ( I dismantled and packed up the Christmas tree and decorations and placed them strategically in the way, as I wasn't getting any joy in getting him to put them up in the lift. He just moved them out of the way!)  >:( No energy for temper tantrums or nagging and he did empty the bins.

Dulciana

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »

If it needs polishing perhaps Dulciana the polishing angel needs a polishing holiday!  :)

:lol:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10