Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hiding the Grey :)  (Read 12871 times)

karin

Re: Hiding the Grey :)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 09:20:26 PM »

Professional semi permanant colour in a salon with complimentary highlights done  at intervals.
Root touch ups with a colour stick mascara ( google them) if you want to maintain  a colour  in between appointments. Perm colour is harsh-  semis are nicer but obviously you need To maintain regularly.

Morwenna

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »

I think Scriv is saying she has grown out her hair to be liberated from having to colour it. I'm doing the same and am also liking my grey silver. Saves a shed load of money too!

Ju Ju

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 07:39:52 AM »

I recently saw a long term friend, having not met up for a while. She has coloured her hair for years, but has recently decided to give up and let the grey out! I thought she looked lovely and younger and her hair was in much better condition.

Although 60, I am a natural blonde, though darker than before. I'm grateful, as it has saved me money. The only grey hairs I have are in places not on display!  ;)   But my hair has a mind of its own and often I have to resort to washing it just to calm it down! Most days I wake with a wild hair look! Not recommended!

scriv

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »

Yes Morwenna, I am saying exactly that :) It  is so nice not to have to be touching up the greys all the time.

And actually, my skin looks a lot brighter and younger alongside the silver. (Note : silver, not grey) lol. Am feeling good.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:26:52 AM by scriv »

babyjane

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »

I have used wash in colours for special occasions when I didn't have too much grey but I never committed to full on colouring. I am sensitive to chemicals so didn't want to take the risk.

I am silver grey at the front and sides and still brown at the back but it is what it is and this is me.  I wouldn't commit to the expense every 6-8 weeks either.

Rowan

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »

What I have aimed for is a translucent silvery blonde and I think I have it now, the natural highlights in my hair are silvery and the rest is pale blonde, its very forgiving for the skin, and goes with the pale dusky cool colours I like.

Primary colours don't suit me except maybe when I was very tanned.

A very good colour for light hair is Botanics Semi-Permanent Hair Colour in Oatmeal  my sister uses this and her hair look lovely.
Pages: 1 2 [3]