Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: so fed up  (Read 2701 times)

edwina hughes

so fed up
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:19 AM »

HI Lady's, well I still seam to have the terrible burning down below .I had the mirena coil put in a week ago at the same time as the hystercope and biopsy's done I am also on the elleste solo patch 80micrograms,started 2 weeks ago.the consultant said I had a healthy uterus and wasn't expecting any problems with the biopsy's, I have a follow up appointment in 5 weeks  . my meno symptoms started in march with the burning ureathera and frequency back pain and joint pain . I started hrt and gradually symptoms went ,but the hrt tridistra built up the lining and the burning came back .I take martazapine antidepressant 15mgs at night which helps me sleep .but the burning never goes away I feel like my life is over I am in pain all the time and it only settles a bit if I stand or sleep.any help or advice would be really helpful as I am at my wits end with it all.I did read the burning club thread but no one has added to this for a long time .x 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: so fed up
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:17:56 PM »

Has no-one offered Vagifem or similar medication?  Ask your GP for vaginal atrophy treatment!

edwina hughes

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »

Thanks for replying .I am also using vagifem twice a week not sure its doing anything x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:50:29 PM »

How long have you been on Vagifem?  Maybe you need to use it every night for 2 weeks again .......... it's a bit Trial and Error

edwina hughes

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »

I started it 3months ago.but only did 7days then  twice a week .Things were settling a bit before the coil fitting maybe I need to try it every night again .my consultant said I didn't have VA .but it so sore and burning its really miserable .

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »

Something is causing the syptoms and if the Vagifem eases them perhaps use every other night?  Do U have a practice nurse you could chat with or a local Pharmacist?

edwina hughes

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »

I called to speak to a female gp .will get a call tomorrow .I am also going to try the reload for this week .will keep you posted on symptoms x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »

Have a browse round for other similar conditions too.  Hopefully the re-loading will ease symptoms.  Let us know!