Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: I know every one must be fed up hearing this...but  (Read 36410 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I know every one must be fed up hearing this...but
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

How was Mum this morning?

honeybun

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »

Well here we go again.

Slipped disc in my back says....don't do anything that hurts. So.....that's housework out except for cooking and a bit of ironing. The GP was very insistent that I take care of this or I'm heading for trouble in the future.
So......my mother is going to have to get someone in for just a few weeks to do the cleaning and bed changing, hoovering bathroom cleaning ....well the list goes on.

Mother is kicking off big time......what on earth is wrong with saying it's not an issue until I'm better. Things happen, I'm human and I'm in pain. Actually sitting in the car to get there is a challenge at the moment.
I understand she doesn't like change but oh heck.

As I said, here we go again.....oh and hubby is furious with her attitude.

Honeyb
X

groundhog

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »

It's horrible isn't it HB - the complete lack of empathy.  I remember when I was in intensive care following the bowel perforation,  they told my mother I was very poorly to which she replied ' that's my lift to town gone for a while '.  I know in her case it's probably the dementia but yes it hurts and yes my OH was furious.
But as we've all said before you have to look after yourself and by the sounds of it it would be dangerous for you to do anything heavy,  so please put yourself first.  It really isn't worth the risk especially with a slipped disk xx

Limpy

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »

As I said, here we go again.....oh and hubby is furious with her attitude.

HB - Would you hubby have a word with her, how would you feel about that?
How is your sister about this, I know she has her own problems but surely she must understand..........

honeybun

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »

She is a tiny little old lady and my hubby is a big man.....she would be intimidated and I don't want that Limpy. He keeps out of things at my request.
Yes my sister understands this time but is not prepared to do anymore so therefore outside help will have to be brought in.

I really didn't expect anything different but yes it still hurts......silly old woman can't see further than the end of her own nose.

It's not forever, just till I'm fitter. Heck it's going to be fun in the morning and I'm not fit for this.
But for once I'm sticking to my guns.....help will have to be brought in because I simply can't do it at the moment.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »

I know you don't want to intimidate your Mum, but she doesn't seem to mind intimidating you.........

But, a slipped disc is a slipped disc, it's non negotiable.
Surely your Mother will understand that.
As you say, help will have to be brought in.

Joyce

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2015, 09:21:55 PM »

Ouch HB, definitely time to take care of you. My mum slipped a disc once, gardening of all things. She had to take it easy for about 4 weeks.

CLKD

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »

My DH would have his say regardless ………. he would be gently firm about it all  ;)

This is the time, when you really can't 'do' 4 your Mum, to get the extra help in, by the time your back has improve: which could take months in reality: she'll be well used to it  ;)

bramble

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »

Perhaps a blessing in disguise HB. It will give you time to rationalise how much work you do for your mum and for her to realise it as well. It may work  out for the best as she will have to get used to a 'stranger' doing things for her. It cannot be easy for you to look after 2 houses with your own family. Perhaps now is the time to ease out of some of the work you do for your mum.
Hope your back isn't giving you too much gyp.
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »

Now there's a word I haven't heard for ages: 'gyp'  ::) - does what it says on the tin that one!

honeybun

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »

Still sore, I think this is going to take a while.

Absolutely dreading mother's this morning. I really wish my sister hadn't said anything to her until we had something worked out. Oh well, just have to face it I guess.
My mother has always liked things her own way but this time she is going to have to accept that no amount of shouting or temper loosing is actually going to change the situation at the moment.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »

Good Luck - if she 'starts' walk out!  Sit in the car and then go back and explain that this is how it is going to be.  Point out that carers won't put up with any flack !  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »

Well the morning went as I expected.....pretty awful. I left early  ::)

She says she will manage the housework herself.....will see how long that lasts. About five minutes I would think.
Her and my sister can sort that out as I've said what I can't and won't do until my back is better so it's up to them who does it.

Honeyb
X

Scampi

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »

Stick to your guns HB - you really need to take care of that back until it is fully recovered, not just until you 'can manage'.

CLKD

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »

Your back looks to remain sore for a few weeks then  ;)

When's sister back?  Your Mum will do what sort of housework I wonder, in her memory maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11