Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Remember the VOlcanoe 2010 April?  (Read 8015 times)

Suzi Q

Remember the VOlcanoe 2010 April?
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »

Well there we were all ready to go on our 40th wedd an trip leaving wed 3rd September
Booked it packed it F..... it as Peter Kaye said no not for us
Monday morning  i was the last looking after Zeke day for 5 weeks off I trot to the railways station
A House is being built on the corner taking up the grass@pverments and I fall down a hole that was there Cos Builders Had taken them up I felt my ankle roll crack roll again crack I rolled right on to the main road
I thank god for the fast driving of a 4 wheel driver as I saw myself headed under its wheels it SWERVED
Tell u what no life flashed before me I wasnt scared I was just OH Im going to be run over
Ended up in Casuality xrays  cracked ankle extreme damage to soft tissue and NO FLYING DVT too dangerous
So IM sitting here in Ozz when by now we shouldve landed@taken off from Dubai on our way to Manchester
So rebooked for Easter same trip exactly. But u wouldnt believe it for any ladies on here
They may remember April 2010 on our way to UK@Europe and the bloody Volcanoe blew up trip canned
Didnt go till September happened again u wouldnt credit it would you? I must have run over some chinaman

dulciana

Re: Remember the VOlcanoe 2010 April?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »

Oh dear, Suzi Q!!  What a thing to happen.   Fingers tightly crossed that your Easter trip goes ahead without mishap of any kind whatsoever!

:foryou:

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:46:52 AM »

Sorry to read this Suzi - hope that you soon recover - it seems a shame to have to wait such a long time though.

Taz x  :)

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »

Oh poor you. Sorry to hear that and you soon recover.
Hope all goes well at easter. :hug:

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »

So sorry Suzie after waiting so long for your next visit to UK, concentrate on healing for Easter   :-*

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »

This will be the longest Ive ever gone not coming home
But 2011 my cousin came 2012 my other cousin came 2013 my niece came
So it was one visit after another plus Geoffreys family coming up to stay
2014 Jan 3rd my grandson Zeke was born I look after him MOnday and Friday leave home at 7am back at 7pm
We had him overnight at 6 weeks old I have a totaly different dauter in law she tells me she loves me!!!!
Gone from nice polite to Im her second MUM her parents only hav Zeke at night when they go out
They wont have him during the day while I was supposed to be away son@dinlaw had to take 2 weeks off each
So weve become very close and its lovely but very tireing wouldnt swap it though
BUT I was sooooo looking forward to going home especially as Dads not been well but crap happens hey girls? :'(

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »

Feel better soon Suzi. Such a shame you have had to delay your holidays.

Guess you are    :crutch: :crutch:

Honeyb
x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

Oh Suzi Q, what a shame you've had to postpone things but they're right, you can't take the risk to fly.  Your life sounds as if you're having a great time being a grandma, at least now you'll be able to see Zeke while you're waiting for next April to come around.....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

I was thinking about you in the early hours of Wed morning, wondering if you had flown yet: obviously not  :'(.  Is it very painful?

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »

So sorry about your ankle Suzi, hope it doesn't hurt too much.
Will you be able to look after Zeke while your ankle's crook?

On the slightly brighter side - your holiday hasn't been cancelled, just delayed a bit.

ariadne

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »

So sorry to hear this suziq. What a rotten shame. I hope you're not in too much pain.

Ariadne xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »

How are you now?  Did you get over the disappointment? and manage to get the Festive Season done and dusted?

xx