Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: menopause and food  (Read 13706 times)

Limpy

Re: menopause and food
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »

It is - trust me......   ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »

Handy for camping.  Open packet, add boiling water and ……….

Limpy

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 07:32:08 PM »

Ooops - I'me getting confused.   ::)
The Birds I knew needed to be mixed into a pan of milk.
I thought that was instant, well, more so than mixing egg yolks, sugar and whatever else it takes into milk or cream.

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »

That's the Birds custard I knew too.

Used to mix huge vats of the stuff when I worked in industrial kitchens  ::). You could have swam in it there was so much.

Took me years to eat it again. In fact it took me years to eat a lot of stuff. I struggled to eat when I was a cook. I was never ever hungry. That was my thinnest time  ::). Surrounded by food and no appetite.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »

The packet stuff you mix with boliing water is ghastly and doesn't taste like custard at all. We took it on holiday with us when the kids were small.
For true comfort food I need the Bird's custard powder that you make in a pan with milk  :)

Annieq

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

I'm afraid I eat more rubbish and junk food than ever. I seem to crave all the time. Sensible food doesn't interest me at all. Chocolate, sweets, crisps, wine, chips, the lot. How I ling for an adults approach to food. This would be one excellent sympton of menopause.

countrylass

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

I have the occasional biscuit, but have gone right off sweet stuff as well as takeaways and restaurant meals. If someone serves me a pudding I'll eat it to be polite, but would rather not.

As with the greens, I've come over all foodie about bread and have started making my own. I look at some of the stuff in supermarkets and think, 'That's not food' and I call it 'Fake Matter'. All I really want these days is fresh stuff and if I've grown it myself, or someone I know has grown it, so much the better.

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

That was one of the reasons we joined our community garden.....to grow our own stuff.
This year we have had
Peas
Beetroot,
Tomatoes,
Potatoes,
French beans,
Salads,
Spring onions,
Parsnips
Carrots
and melons.

They taste so much nicer and our garden is a nice social place to be. It's right beside the sea and we collect seaweed from the shore for fertilizer.
I love it.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »

I'm not surprised it sounds as though you live in a lovely place honeybun  :)

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »

West Coast of Scotland babyjane. It's lovely but a bit exposed. Wait till we get to winter. I complain about the weather a lot  ;D

I do love my gardening though.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »

We keep promising ourselves a holiday in Scotland. I went once when I was 16 with my parents to the Trossachs but not been north of Newcastle/Durham since then. One day.......... :)

PaulineW

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »

Scotland is mine and hubby fav place we go every year 😊 not been this year yet been having lots of memo symptons 😔 but definitely going next month as it's our 30th wedding anniversary .x

honeybun

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

Congratulations on your 30th. Mine is in October and we are going to the Trossachs for a week in a farm house. Really looking forward to it.

Honeyb
x

countrylass

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »

honeybun, it sounds wonderful - Scotland, the community garden and all the fruit and veg. I suppose it probably gets a bit wild in the winter, though.

Congratulations on your 30th, Pauline - sounds like a good idea for your holiday.

PaulineW

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »

Ours is the 27th when is yours honeybun ? X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5