Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Funny head feeling  (Read 10458 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Funny head feeling
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »

Just wondered if anyone else suffers with this weird head feeling.  It's like a creeping feeling on the top of your head, but inside not on the outside.  It makes me feel a bit spaced out and I have trouble concentrating.  It also makes me feel a bit dizzy.

I used to only suffer with this occasionally, but now it's there most of the time.

Does anyone else suffer with this and do you think it's a menopausal symptom?

Thanks xx

warwick01

Re: Funny head feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »

Hi SarahM

Yes I have suffered with this head feeling for several years........ I started with electric shock feelings (zaps) in peri at 49 with a kind of balance problem, just felt really drunk.
I'm 55 now on HRT but still bet the strange head feelings and occasional dizziness/lightheadiness. Had tests but nothing was found. I also get a full feeling in my ears, just like when you fly on a plain. I hate all these symptoms.......

All the best W ;)

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »

Hi SarahM

I have strange head today actually, not painful but annoying also eye playing up to they are sore and one feels like it has lump under lid, like a sty is coming, but they never arrive also sore like dry eyes.

Probably is meno or maybe another ms symptom they come and go any time.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »

I get a strange head feeling, as though my head is in a plastic bag and I am short on oxygen. It doesn't last long but I don't like it.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »

I get that babyjane just before a hot sweat strikes.  I feel like I can't get enough air.

Taz x

meno lesley

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »

Have it most days, feels like I've got a saucepan on my head. Feel weird, cannot concentrate, eyes go dry, tingling on head, feel dizzy, and then it can suddenly disappear only to come back a few hours later. Not sure what it is but know that am thoroughly fed up of it.

Lesley x

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

I am really glad others get these things as I thought it was just me!  ::)

Wanderer

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:29:57 AM »

Good morning SarahM. Absolutely have this! Every time I move my head or have a thought process, I feel spaced out. I put mine down to anxiety, which I have in bucket loads, so you are not alone! Take care.

Wanderer. xx

Helsy

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »

Hi

I got a funny head feeling a few months ago.  It is like there is a weight inside the top of my head but I also feel light headed but not quite dizzy.  It is like I want to shake my head to make it go back to normal but that doesn't work.  I wondered if it was labyrinthitis (middle ear infection) as I had that in my twenties and it gave me panic attacks and the same weird head.  The doctor said my ears were clear but gave me the tablets used to treat it (that used to be called Stemetil but have a different name now).  Weirdly these tablets are also used for mild anxiety and I found when I took one the feeling went away.....so maybe it was anxiety related.  I did ask about menopause and could it be related which she didn't think it could but I have definitely read that light headedness or dizziness can be a symptom.

Haven't felt it since then but I do think it comes from anxiety.  One thing I find really helps me is if I read books about self-help/worth/happiness as it grounds me and puts everything in to perspective.  I try and read a few pages everyday.  One good easy to read one is The secrets of Happiness.

Hope it gets better.xx

meno lesley

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »

Can relate to all you say, are you on hrt?

Lesley x

Suzyq

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 01:31:03 AM »

Yup I get that - it's awful - much less now with hrt! First time I got it, I went to the library for 2 hours cause I was too scared to be at home alone - now I know what it is ....