Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety Again!  (Read 8935 times)

2cats

Re: Anxiety Again!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »

Hi Sarahm,
I'm glad you think this approach might help you.  The book really is worth a read.  The first chapter or so, I remember thinking...is this really for me?  but it is worth keeping reading it.
Obviously, the fact that i still have to take valium here and there means it's not a cure-all, but generally, it's given me a different perspective on anxiety.
Good luck x
Hi 2cats,

I liked your post and the way you deal with anxiety, I am going to give it a go.  Will definitely have a read of The Happiness Trap.

X

Gail

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »

Hi this is my first post I just joined today the post about anxiety made interesting reading as I realised I am not going off my head! Just back from holiday and spent most of the time in the middle of a panic attack couldn't concentrate feeling hot and emotional during the holiday started to feel a bit better but today was the first day back at work and it all started again my doctor is not keen to prescribe me hrt would like to know how to deal with the sleepless nights and feeling exhausted during the day is this normal? :)

babyjane

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »

Hi Gail welcome from another newbie. I have been here a few days now and everyone is very helpful and friendly.
I made my first post in the New Members bit. If you post in there then other members will see your post and reply  :).

Wanderer

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:10 AM »

Good morning Gail, welcome to the best help ever! Anxiety is what exaggerates all the other symptoms, well it does for me, and comes like bolt when you least expect it! Mine sits like a rock in my pelvis, or on my chest. I have found that slow abdominal breathing, (or a glass of wine!) does help, but is hard to keep going, and in my case, because I have tight pelvic floor muscles that react to any thought process, definitely hard to do, but it will probably help you a lot. There are lots of posting about relaxation exercises on this site, and I am sure you will get a lot of replies.

We all agree that anxiety is the worst symptom to deal with, especially when trying to run a home, family and job!

Please don't worry, you are definitely not alone here. I was away for a year, and got such a lovely welcome when I was able to join the forum again!

Wanderer.

xxxxx

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »

Anxiety is the worse thing.

One symptom of it that really perplexes me is that I find standing or sitting still really hard. Shopping queues, waiting rooms, traffic jams. Does anyone else have this. I start to feel woozy.
I'm ok sitting in a chair with my feet up but take me out the house and I'm a disaster.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »

traffic jams - oh my life they are my worse thing. So much so that we don't go visiting family as much as we could and as soon as the traffic starts to slow and I see the red brake lights coming on ahead of us I lose the plot. Its an awful feeling of being trapped and as soon as one strikes I am guaranteed to need a wee!!

Gail

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your lovely replies, it just helps to know that I'm not alone. I can also let my adorable husband of two years know that he hasn't married a mad woman lol xx

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »

Anxiety is the worse thing.

One symptom of it that really perplexes me is that I find standing or sitting still really hard. Shopping queues, waiting rooms, traffic jams. Does anyone else have this. I start to feel woozy.
I'm ok sitting in a chair with my feet up but take me out the house and I'm a disaster.

Honeyb
x

I'm the same Honeyb. It's like once out of your comfort zone (the house) you have to release the adrenaline which is going into overdrive by just moving around. You see it quite often in other people though if you watch. The ones who are constantly tapping their fingers or jiggling one of their legs up and down. It's all part of anxiety although not always recognised. If you stopped the person from jiggling their leg or tapping their fingers they would also feel uneasy.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »

I have noticed that Taz too, its usually men who do it, sometimes when I am het up I pace in the house but the best thing is walking.

When I was going through my panic attack phase I felt like HB describes, though mine was more claustrophobic  then agoraphobic, I didn't like enclosed places, thank goodness it has all passed now and I turn off in queues and waiting areas, my kindle helps. Supermarkets don't bother me at all now.

I did read that a lack of calcium and magnesium causes jittery nerves.

Pages: 1 2 [3]