Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling rubbish.  (Read 9066 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Re: Feeling rubbish.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »

Clkd, it's not a double blind trial, it's a trial where you either got to test patches or tablets.

Taz2, will discuss this at clinic when I go in November.  I don't think it's the patches causing the symptoms as I had them before I started the hrt.  Something to think about though. Feel like the hrt isn't working, but maybe need to increase the dose.

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 06:42:08 PM »

Thanks.  How often are you in contact with the people running the Trial, is there an option to up the dosage?  A double-blind, Peer-reviewed trial is often better though may take longer to complete.  How long are you expected to be part of this?

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »

All I know is that I had the symptoms before starting HRT and they worsened once on Evorel. I did try them for a year and my OH used to call the second half "your grumpy patches" which was true. Once off Evorel and on to Femseven (suggested by my doc) the symptoms subsided and I was on an even keel. However, confusingly, I have found on different forums that norethisterone is prescribed to combat PMT  :-\

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »

I tolerate norethisterone absolutely fine.
I had pretty bad PMT in my younger years. Mood swings, temper was terrible and internal shakes for years and years.
I started on sequi and now on conti and am fine. I do have anxiety and did wonder if the progesterone was making things worse. After a few changes I discovered it made no difference.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2]