Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleed and transexamic acid  (Read 3654 times)

cherylks

Heavy bleed and transexamic acid
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »

Can someone help me out here.  I was given transexamic acid some months ago after mega heavy bleeding for some time.  I haven't needed it in last couple of months.  8 weeks ago I had really light period then nothing for 7 weeks.  Now for last 24 hours just flooding.  Obviously there must be loads of build up of lining to be shed so not sure whether I should use the tablets again.  Will they stop the bleeding when actually I need to let it all come out?  I don't really understand how it works but hate such heavy blood loss and having lots of light headed moments and feeling I'm going to pass out (Doc wasn't worried when I had this before).   Just don't know whether to take the tablets again. 

Loll99

Re: Heavy bleed and transexamic acid
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »

Hi I have used these, they only slow things down so everything that needs to come out will.  Good luck.  It's not pleasant for us women is it

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »

Do you know why you have heavy bleeding cheryl? Have you had scans etc? If not then I would go back to your doc and ask for a referral so that at least you know what you are dealing with.

Taz x  :hug:

cherylks

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »

Hi Taz2, I had scans months ago and it showed polyp and thickened lining.  The choice is mine if I want to go back for polyp removal etc.  I just don't understand enough about what is happening in my body to want to make any decisions yet.  I know hormones are awry.  I just figure if I go a long time between periods then surely there will be more lining that needs to come out so removing polyp won't make much difference. 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »

It doesn't necessarily mean that you will have more lining to shed if you go a long time between periods. As your hormones begin to change then there may not be any build up at all of the lining although you have had a thicker lining in the past so I can see why you are worried. Have you been offered the Mirena coil or even the POP birth control pill to control the bleeding? As a thickened lining is a risk for endometrial cancer it doesn't seem right that you have just been left to get on with it without any treatment.

I've found this information which describes how a polyp can cause heavy bleeding http://blogs.webmd.com/womens-health/2010/11/structural-causes-of-too-heavy-periods.html  I hope it's helpful.

Taz x

cherylks

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »

Thanks for the link - really helpful.  I'm not ready to try hrt or anything else yet.  It's up to me when I want to go back to see doc or gynae for further intervention.  I'm very sensitive to changes in hormones and previous history of pill/hrt for endometriosis and period problems which just sent me haywire means I have to decide when I want to try again.  I just want to understand as much as possible what is happening in my body at the moment.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »

BUMP!