Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Came off HRT because of High Blood Pressure  (Read 3845 times)

margaret

Came off HRT because of High Blood Pressure
« on: August 15, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »

Hi

I was taken off my HRT in April because of high blood pressure, 18 weeks later my blood pressure is still high, the bottom reading is getting higher and I'm getting more concerned, I've been taking it with the machine I have at home, I take it at least 3 times and each time it says something different, I also feel a bit under the weather not sure if it's just coming off the HRT  I'm having a few more night sweats and hot flushes, and while I'm here I might as well moan about my sciatica I've had that for 8 weeks, it's not as painful but I can't walk around for very long for the pain in my buttock and leg  :'( :-*

Thanks from Mrs Monalot x

Taz2

Re: Came off HRT because of High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »

Hi Margaret - is your doctor monitoring your blood pressure? The home monitors can be really unreliable - I found this out when I had to have one from the surgery for a three day period to measure mine. The readings on the surgery one were very different to my home one. Have you had a look at the Blood Pressure Association site to get some tips on how to lower it? http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Yourlifestyle

I sympathise with how you are feeling now you are off HRT - I am without it too at the moment and I feel so much older somehow!!

Taz x

oldsheep

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:41:12 PM »

Well if it's consistently high off HRT (or higher) can they reassess your supposed need to come off it? Do you take bp tablets?
Have you had a 24 hour trace or just used home b.p monitor? I was told hypertension can only really be diagnosed with a 24 hr (+) trace.
I was also told coming off HRT can cause bp to climb.

Hope you can relax and that the sciatica goes away.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »

I have to take tablets for blood pressure & I'm on HRT. BP gets checked 6 monthly at surgery, but I check from time to time also.

I had to check mine at home 3 times a day for a week, as it always seemed to misbehave at GPs, due to white coat syndrome.