Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ms and the menopause  (Read 4272 times)

Hilary66

Ms and the menopause
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »

???hi there,I was just wondering if there are any other people using the forum that have ms,and if so have you found that the menopause makes you more symptomatic .Hilary66

Maryjane

Re: Ms and the menopause
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:01:39 PM »

Limply has MS, I think there are a couple others to but don't know there names.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:55:37 PM »

Hilary - you could always carry out a search. Just put MS in the search box at the top of the page and it should bring up posts.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

Hi Hilary - I have MS and believe there are a few others on the forum.
For me meno did make me more symptomatic - I had a bit of a look around and found odd bits of research which seemed to indicate that oestrogen was very helpful in minimising MS symptoms.

Hilary66

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:38:02 PM »

Thanks for the advice everybody I will try that,hopefully I will find my way around here sooner rather than later :D x

Hilary66

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:37:55 AM »

Hi guys, Does anybody suffer with restless legs at nightime , I have a stinging burning sensation from the knees down,if so any advice  would be much appreciated  x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »

I have periods of restless legs Hilary but it doesn't cause any burning or stinging - just the urge to constantly keep moving and stretching the legs. Could it be to do with the MS? It must be difficult to separate out all of the symptoms into the two categories  :-\

Taz x  :hug:

minkusmum

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »

Hi Hilary
Welcome! I've got MS too, and actually went on HRT initially because I hoped it might help with my MS symptoms rather than the menopause. I'm happy to say it was worth it:) I had been getting more and more feeble, but within days of starting the patches I began to get some coordination back and now can exercise more to get stronger, especially now the hot weather has ended. I have no intention of stopping HRT anytime soon (I'm 58) and would recommend you ask for them. I'm going away for a few days today, but will be back on Friday, so if you want to talk more please go ahead and I'll see you when I get back.

Smokey

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:12:56 PM »

Hi Hilary

I also have MS and am on everol Sequil patches, I'm not sure if they are helping my ms symptoms because I was diagnosied with Ms at the same time as starting early menopause, but I can say they certainly got rid of most meno symptoms and I don't intend  to stop them unless really necessary, I am now 48 and have been on them four years. Let us know how they help with your MS symptoms.

oldsheep

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

I'm sorry that you and others on here have MS. I hope oestrogen helps you. x

I can only speak for my fibromyalgia and other weird neuro symptoms. Despite being on HRT, there's no doubt that menopause made me more symptomatic, including new and unpleasant sensory symptoms.
I don't think that doctors understand much about the hormonal interaction with the brain.