Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cod liver oil....  (Read 5777 times)

Debs1

Cod liver oil....
« on: August 13, 2014, 03:45:31 PM »

I'm thinking of starting to use cod liver oil to keep my joints pain free....has anyone else tried this? Does it work?

margaret

Re: Cod liver oil....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »

Hi Debs1,

I've been taking cod liver oil for about 5 years due to a painful knee and it's worked well for me.

XXX :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »

:beaurk:  even my cats wouldn't drink it  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »

Yep me, I have been taking it for years but still have painful knees. Don't know how it would be without it.

Honeyb
x

rosebud57

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »

Check out Healthspan.  They do highly refined and flavoured (with orange) in capsules and liquid, which are fish taste free.  Also omega 3 if you prefer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »

Knowing it was cod liver oil would immediately make them taste of fish.

gorgeous fluffpot

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »

funnily enough last year I started taking neat cod liver oil - about 1 tablespoon a day - because I had a frozen shoulder and thought "well if my shoulder is rusting up then it needs some oil".  It was pretty frightful at first, neat, but then after three or four days you get used to it, just open mouth, down the hatch and try not to get it on your tongue otherwise you will taste it for hours after!  My frozen shoulder cleared very quickly (although I had acupuncture, Neil Asher Technique and a billion other therapies) but my skin and hair ...... goodness, they shone!  Really!  And I generally felt better all round which I am SURE is due to the cod liver oil!  So, reading your post, I shall start taking it again but probably only a teaspoon, I read that too much isn't good for you.  But you never have constipation and as long as you don't burp in company (fishy burps are never good!) I'd highly recommend it to keep arthritis and joint issues in check.  Good luck.

rosebud57

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »

No need to suffer the horrible taste, shop bought fish oil makes me feel sick.  See my post re Healthspan.  It really has no bad taste and it is cheaper than high street shops.  I now take their omega 3 liquid (I can't swallow big capsules) as it has no Vit D, which I prefer to take separately during the winter.