Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - Need some support  (Read 2362 times)

hotstff

Evorel Sequi - Need some support
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:06:37 PM »

I've just started on Evorel Sequi Patches.  I have 3 months supply. previously tried Elleste 1mg for 3 months but had some 'issues' with it).

Has anybody had any positive experiences with the Evorel patches?   
How are they for sorting out hot flushes?  (I am only 2 patches in so still early days).

Appreciate any advice.

(if it doesn't work out, will go back on the tabs).

Hurdity

Re: Evorel Sequi - Need some support
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

I first started HRT with Evorel sequi over 7 years ago and after 3 months gave up on them because the norethisterone (the synthetic progestogen) gave me bad migraines. They did of course deal with hot flushes admirably!

When I first went onto HRT in 2007 I read a lot about it, found this site, and decided that nil-by-mouth would be my policy for HRT and have kept to that. I have never taken tablet HRT so can't compare, but transdermal HRT especially patches are likely to give a more consistent dose of oestrogen as they do not have to go through the digestive system or the liver.

Hurdity x

honeybun

Re: Evorel Sequi - Need some support
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »

I started on sequi and then moved to conti.

I am fine on them with no side effects to mention. I get on ok with the progesterone although I did wonder if it did add to my anxiety. After trying utrogestan I discovered the change made no difference to me at all.

They deal well with flushes and palpitations and insomnia.

Honeyb
x